Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Anyone bought or tried the GoFlight TQ6 throttle quadrant?

Guest Claviateur

HelloI am wondering if anyone got this 400$ new controller from GoFlight or had the chance to try it? It looks plain but useful.I am waiting for some kind of review or feedback to concider purchasing it or notCheers!Michel

Guest Mike94

*bump*I'm interested in the GoFlight throttle as well. Has anybody tried it out or bought it yet? How does it work in FS9, and how is the overall impression?What functions did you assign to the levers?Thanks a lot,Michael

Guest Digital_Flight

These have been much delayed in getting out to the dealers. I'm expecting to get my first units sometime this week. I'll try to get back to you with some first impressions at that time.TonyDigital-Flight

Guest BMarcoux

I've had the throttles for about a week now. Overall I like them. The only real issue I have with them is I wish the Handles were larger and easier to grasp. There very Small. The unit mounts very nice in the console and easy to reach. As far as the levers are concerned you may assign any action to them with the config. utillity. Also MSFS sees it as another controller so you may also assign functions to it in MSFS. The only thing you need to remember though is when you first install you MUST remember to go in MSFS and delete ALL assignments for it in Joystick axis and slew mode. Took me awhile to figure out why my plane was going in circles when I taxied :)Brad

Guest nutmeat

I agree with all of the above and would add that, depending upon what one sets the levers function, it sometimes is difficult getting the exact same response from the different levers. That is, I have two of mine set for engine RPM and the levers don't match up even for the desired RPM. Funny...sometimes its perfect and sometimes the levers may be an inch aprt for the same setting. This may be a FS9 issue as opposed to a calibration one. But, after about a month of use, I am very pleased with them. I have them mounted in the floor console and the "feel" is excellent.Larry S.

Guest BMarcoux

Larry,I to have seen this. I've found that if I calibrate them BEFORE starting FS that there fine. i do this each time before I start MSFS and don't run into any problems. Kinda a pain, but it only takes a min.Brad

Guest nutmeat

Agreed! Does anyone know if the full version of FSUIPC can correct this? I only use the free version currently.Larry S.

If you're having synchronization problems between levers you should confirm the sensitivities are set the same. Go to Options>Controls>Sensitivities select the GF-TQ6, select Advanced, and confirm Sensitivity set high, and Null zone set to zero for all axis. By default my settings were miss matched

Guest jacek

Hi I just bought a Go Flight TQ6 and I Have a big problem I cant calibrate in options game I dont have a sinchronization I do everything but not work.I only made a circles .I really dont know what I can do.Have You any sugestion .Sorry for my english.Best Regards Jacek

Make sure you have the very latest drivers. I know that further tweaks for the TQ6 were made in, um, I think it's 1.31 now.---BTW to the original poster - Elite makes some reasonably priced, standalone quadrants; I see them new on Ebay occasionally (being sold by Elite). There is a USB twin engine one for about $250. I haven't tried them so I have no idea how well they work, but I like the looks of them better than the GF one. However, the GF quadrant definitely has more levers and is more configurable.Here's an Elite King Air quadrant on EBay - it's a little more $ than the stock 6-lever one but it sure looks cool:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...89&category=186Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>Hi I just bought a Go Flight TQ6 and I Have a big problem I>cant calibrate in options game I dont have a sinchronization>I do everything but not work.I only made a circles .I really>dont know what I can do.Have You any sugestion .Sorry for my>english.>Best Regards JacekJack,Also check whether you have deleted all assignments of the TQ6 in FS2002/04. Initially there are buttons assigned to the levers which some of them lead you to make circles.