Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jacko007

A New 200?

Good morning all.I recently added a topic onto the PMDG forum to see if they were ever going to go down the line of releasing a classic.I do own the RFP 747 and it is a good add on, however I personally love to fly in a VC environment, and to be blunt the RFP is looking dated now.Someone replied saying that they had heard a rumour that there may be an updated RFP on the horizon and I just wondered if there was any weight in this rumour?I would love a new 200 with a cracking VC and I'm sure I can't be on my own.Thanks for reading and all have a good day.Dale.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This rumor arises every now and then. To the best of my knowledge, there is no "new" RFP anywhere close to release. Remember that when the original AETI 747-200 (from which RFP was developed) was released, the current version of FS was FS98. To bring that up to FSX standards and beyond will be a lot of work and would probably be in the nature of a whole new aircraft. Not to say that it couldn't happen, but I have to say that I think that it's probably unlikely at least for now.Never know though........

(shameless plug incoming)Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I'm making a 747-200 for x plane. If you like, I can show you a link of the work in progress screenshots plus a textured throttle console.Goran

Looks interesting - good luck with the rest of the development work.Will it aim to be as realistic as the RFP 747-200 (or even surpass it)?Also any chance of making an FS9 version? or FSX?Although I have X-plane and I've flown in it in the past, I don't really use it much.

Looks interesting - good luck with the rest of the development work.Will it aim to be as realistic as the RFP 747-200 (or even surpass it)?Also any chance of making an FS9 version? or FSX?Although I have X-plane and I've flown in it in the past, I don't really use it much.
First I want to say I love Chris Koeglers work and I consider him a friend. The work he did was incredible for the time and I was fortunate enough to test a new RFP 742 add on he was making a few years ago but was put on indefinite hiatus.So I'm not meaning to take anything away from him. The 742 I'm making, going through all the resources available to me, will aim to be at study sim level. Something a real 742 pilot can load up and say "this is how it is in the real plane." I already have a programmer ready to start on the relevant systems, including the INS.I have no plans to make it available for FS9 or FSX.2 reasons for this.I will in no way interfere with the possibility that Chris will finish a 742 for FSX.And the 2nd reason is I prefer X Plane. Purely a personal preference.Goran

Yup - The RFP 747 is pretty special.Thanks for the information. It's too bad you won't be making an FS9 version as that's my sim of choice.Your project sounds promising - best of luck with your endeavor.