Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

AutoBrakes do not work

As title suggests.The autobrakes in the 747 do not work.hundreds of landings i have done now, and they have never engaged.any help?All the best

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Do they arm before landing, Alex?Prior to touchdown, have you completely brought the thrust levers to idle? (Is your joystick throttle control properly calibrated?)Are your feet/fingers completely off the manual brakes?Do you have all your hydraulics and electric busses powered?Cheers.Q>

hi there! :)i am pretty sure the throttles are at idle, i mean the saitek yoke isnt 100% accurate at its age.but every single aircraft works, but not the pmdg.even the md11 works ok for me ;)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest ssf

I hope this help. This is the way I do it and it works for me. First open the com window set brakes to desire seting 1,2,3 or max auto, about 8 miles frome touch down arm the landing gear and spoilers Shift+/ the A/T will iddle the engines for you right before touch down. Remember you have to be at between 180 to160 kias and flaps fully extended when you land .Onnce you're down desengage the A/T then press F2 engines will retard . If you use a joystick sometimes when you desengage the A/T the plane keeps accelerating all you have to do is a quick increase on the throttle than back to iddle this will deselerate the engines than press F2 plane should start slowing down at this point. good lock

Everything you said was correct, quick note though. You say landing is done 160-180 knots, usually I will land at 140-150. Minor differences.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

I hope this help. This is the way I do it and it works for me. First open the com window set brakes to desire seting 1,2,3 or max auto, about 8 miles frome touch down arm the landing gear and spoilers Shift+/ the A/T will iddle the engines for you right before touch down. Remember you have to be at between 180 to160 kias and flaps fully extended when you land .Onnce you're down desengage the A/T then press F2 engines will retard . If you use a joystick sometimes when you desengage the A/T the plane keeps accelerating all you have to do is a quick increase on the throttle than back to iddle this will deselerate the engines than press F2 plane should start slowing down at this point. good lock
All of this above does in fact work. I have programed a button on my saitek to hit F2 (before I read this I would keep my throttle at around the same level that the auto throttle is at, and once i disengage the A/T I would bring them down to idle ((quickly)).......but hitting F2 is just sometimes easier) so I dont have to take my hands off the controls. Also the Auto Pilot must be dis engaged as well. Since I also have a button programed for the Auto Pilot Disengage Bar I hit that button then REALLY quickly hit it again....A. because i do NOT want to hear the Auto Pilot Disengage buzz through out my landing. and B. when I didn't re engage the bar my auto breaks didn't work. Now this is the process that I do during my landings and every single one of them is smooth. I haven't tried touching down with the autopilot still engaged.......I'm not sure if that is standard practice or not, but I don't think it is. But in short Ace.....the auto brakes DO in fact work.......you might just need to tweek your process.

Alex -Mine don't seem to work either (landing or RTO)...but since I have the same problem with this aircraft and my QW 757, and just replaced my computer, I think it has something to do with my CH Yoke/Pedals

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

I had the same problem.The solution was to NOT process the brakes axis from the FSUIPC.I just went in to FSUIPC Joystick Calibration and reset the two brakes leaving them without FSUIPC intervention that is.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Alex -Mine don't seem to work either (landing or RTO)...but since I have the same problem with this aircraft and my QW 757, and just replaced my computer, I think it has something to do with my CH Yoke/Pedals
For whatever reason, now my autobrakes work. I find that I need to set the autobrakes after the gear is down, though...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

I always set mine after gear down, so I guess that makes sense. The Saitek yoke is nice, bu like you said, it's starting to show its age.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Update:I calibrated my controller using the registered version of FSUIPC, and also eliminated the small 'null zones' I'd had in my FSX brake axes and the problem seems to have been solved. Worked this afternoon regardless of when I set the autobrakes (before or after gear down). Hopefully the fix will be permanent.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D