Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

I got crossfire working in FSX

Guest freebird77
Yeah... We all know that FSX is limited by CPU... It represents like 80% of the performance and 20% is the GPU and bla bla bla... but... with this tweak that 20% is more like 40% now...I'll be honest... few hours ago I was looking foward the gtx 580 just because the rendering speed of clouds and the increase of fps... Now I can say that this tweak saved me at least $1300 in GPUs/ waterblocks and at least 200w in my pc consumption...I forgot to mention in my previous post that the smoothness while flying was noticeably improved and for some reason that I can't explain the textures are loaded almost without delay...Before this magic tweak I was getting excellent fps considering the settings I have... but in heavy Wx the performance was affected in an average of 10 frames slower in heavy areas... so you can imagine flying in clear skies over LAX with an average fps of 22 (UT2 is @ 100%)... add to that a heavy thunderstorm and you'll get 12 FPS... now the average under the same conditions are 25 fps just by following this tweak... Clouds are no more an issue... That is NOT coincidence...I only can speak for the HD5870 in crossfire... Big%20Grin.gif Dexter...
interesting..ATI are a different animal than NV some for good some for bad, one thing I wonder about is the performnace penalty the 5X/6X cards have for the superior angleindependant Aniso (except for the texture aliasing)and perhaps CF advantage then in FSX compared to non-CF , NV claims it for the 580 but it is not fully angle independant.

I just make a video to show this tweak potential... Keep in mind that I'm recording (Fraps) with UT2 @ 100% and 5 layers of clouds using ASE... What you see in the video is half the frames I get when not recording...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyf3jGYb-qYThis is my first video uploaded to youtube... Later in the evening I'll reupload the video with a higher resolution...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

I just make a video to show this tweak potential... Keep in mind that I'm recording (Fraps) with UT2 @ 100% and 5 layers of clouds using ASE... What you see in the video is half the frames I get when not recording...http://www.youtube.c...h?v=fyf3jGYb-qYThis is my first video uploaded to youtube... Later in the evening I'll reupload the video with a higher resolution...
Just reuploaded the video... Enjoy...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

1+ Success with my 4870x2 in Full Screen mode as well, using the arma2 profile. I've received some gain in fps, as well better gain in loading background texture. Flying through clouds and heavy area see improvement, however it's more of an issue to the cpu (Phenom II955 @ 3.7)-->Wish I have the $ for the new 2600K.Btw, anyone here using Ezdok Camera for FSX. It seems due to switch of exe (from fsx.exe to arma2.exe). I'm unable to utilize the Ezdok Cams. Anyone here know if there's a workaround or tweak to rectify this issue? Many Thanks

Hey allI bought a computer of some dude on ebay and it came with two 5870s, now these are very powerful cards but they are pretty bad when it comes to FSX, also there is no FSX crossfire application profile included with FSX so one card was going unused.Well Bufferpools = 0 enables the use of two cards in SLI, and I got it running great with my two older nvidia cards in SLI, but no dice with the ATI cards. This really irked me so I started tinkering and reading online and here's what I discovered. There are two ways to do itMethod 11) copy and rename your FSX.exe to an application that does use crossfire ex. Crysis.exe2) Boot up the game and close it.3) go to your fsx.cfg folder and there will now be a crysis.cfg. Simply copy and paste your fsx.cfg text into crysis.cfg. Crysis.cfg is now you FSX configuration file, make all of you tweaks there.---------------------Method 21) get an application called "crossfire xtension" by AgentGod, his original website is down so you have to do some sleuthing to find it. I am using the 1.4 version2) load the app, find your FSX.exe, set your AA and AF levels. in the little window for predefined profile DONOT select fsx, you must select a game that has a crossfire profile, I selected crysis. There are multiple game profiles here and some may offer better performance than others, but again the FSX profile does not allow crossfire3) Load the game and close it,4) go to your fsx.cfg folder and there will now be a crysis.cfg. Simply copy and paste your fsx.cfg text into crysis.cfg(or whatever you chose), this is now your FSX configuration file, make all tweaks there.--------------------here's a pic of the crossfire logo on my FSX in the default flight, also I checked with GPU-Z and both cards are being used, which was not the case before.As of right now I am flying over the default Friday harbor at 45-60 fps with all sliders to the right(x/c water at mid). Let me be clear here, I am not saying this will improve performance, I have to test it a bunch more, but this just shows that FSX can run in crossfire.Also I don't know if this has been posted before, I couldn't find anything about it when I searched, so I hope it helps some of you guys out there with ATI cards.
Hi mate, thanks for your post, the crossfire xtension does not work on my system since the app shows me the wrong GPU and I can't change it in this screen. therefore, what you mean by Method 1 by tweaking the crysis.cfg file correctly to have crossfire enabled? I am using hd5970, thanks mate, appreciated

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

i am using the ati xtension now but my start up screen is flickering and i tried with BP=0 and without it. when the plane is loaded i have framrates of 6-8fps which is very bad. Am I doing something wrong, this is my crysis.cfg file:[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=0SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=0[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30WideViewAspect=False[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscProcSpeed=7453PerfBucket=7Maximized=1Location=440,190,1480,968,\\.\DISPLAY3HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=0QUICKTIPS=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series.0]Mode=1920x1200x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.kkekoocllnltkbaawqrtnbnzrriurlbubwrlrceu=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.oonwrllhneozcwrbaurbitiiqcltziehnulcnnuw=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSCopilot.dll.llnhuwtekqwlwrrunialwiotwnbrkacnnaltlnne=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight One Software\Audio Environment\AEMODULE.dll.ckbzniutlrlaeqeqhbiquqrllioqnlwhwatezklu=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.erlcroaeeqihnirqluhqooilobqzqrwqraarobca=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.kaztrewrkchklzzlwnqeqqwuaqctiliqzuklerir=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.reeioteehzlnbknnwcnbeerwknctqooeabuobeen=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.wzchutubunkuleuictzlnzzenqrcuberalreaqqu=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.cwrkouwwtiqkconnnhniacctlzuqrowoltwhubol=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.blqheawkrkcqlbhuqcquhaaknnucheqccehuoath=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11.DLL.qcabaztnkbqtzeobbuikaaburztucunclbwaoktl=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.nznunittzbwzithqlbhqnartrhibqwbwqnolnklb=2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=1[uSERINTERFACE]ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllPageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMMap_Orientation=2[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0GADensity=0FreewayDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=24TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=7[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=0.000000Torque=0.000000GyroEffect=0.000000CrashTolerance=0.000000General=0.000000UnlimitedFuel=TrueAllowEngineDamage=FalseTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseGEffect=FalseManualLights=FalseGyroDrift=FalseCrashWithDyn=FalseCrashDetection=FalseAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1244[Misc]Com_Rate=7[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0direct3d rendering selected, force video quality settings 16x AF and 8x AA (if i disable force video quality settings it makes no difference though), force crossfire is ticked with best driver and pre-defined profile is crysis.exe.thanks for the help Edit: could it be the issue that i can only see one card listed in FSX listed under the video cards? In device manager the both cards are working and listed though... thanks

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

Hi I know this is a old thread but was wondering if anyone could help on where to find the file to download as I am unable to find it.

Thanks

Al