Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyGirl

Using fltrec and nav24 with FS2002

Guest FlyGirl

I am told that there is a way to use Nav24 to define a flight plan, then use fltrec to to record the actual flight path, dump all this data into Excel and compare the flight plan to the actual flight path. Can someone tell me how to actually do this? Please provide details because I am not very good at all this. I understand that the data can be collected in 1 second intervals....is this true? What is the smallest amount of distance between the flight plan and the actual flight path that can be measured (I hope that it is about 1 foot because I would like to get a fairly specific reading). I have downloaded Nav and fltrec and I have the professional version of FS2002. If it is easier to email me, my address is christine9363@aol.com Thank you very much for your help.Christine

Have you tried contacting the author of Nav24 & Fltrec?I have just looked at his web site and there seems to be conflicting notes on flight analysis, unless I am reading it wrong.In the notes on Nav24 Beta 11 it states "Next development step will be a module for NAV to process recorded flights (with FLTREC)."Yet the notes for Beta 7 state "Improoved Flight Data Analisys window" which suggests Beta 7 can analise flight data?I have only just downloaded the programs but will have a look over the next couple of days and see if I can help.With luck someone with more experience of these programs will jump in to help you. I would doubt you can get an accuracy of 1 ft between flight plan and flight path though and wonder why you would need that accuracy? I could be wrong on that though.Best of luck.