Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Ground steering problem with default 777

I cannot get my 777 to taxi properly. When attempting a turn, the rudder moves correctly and the nose wheel turns correctly, the aircraft turns a little in the correct direction, but then goes straight ahead. Differential braking helps a little.Anyone have any insights on this?

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest ssurjap

Do you have your aircraft model to realistic? Are you using autorudder?Auto-rudder helps a little with steering although it does tend to steer your aircraft all over the place :)

Do you have two (or more) hardware devices for FS? I mean like a joystick (that has rudder control) and rudder pedals? Say you would be trying to turn with the rudder pedals, you do for a second or two, then you go straight- thats because of the joystick pointing straight. If this is your case, no worries- your not alone. I havent found a proper cure but for temporary results I etiher unplug the one I am not using or do not touch it at all- once it is touched, it thinks it is in use- and will sort of... compete the other device.... Good luck,Jason :-wave

Have you tried not turning the rudder fully, but only about halfway? I found that in FS2002, if I turned rudder more than about 75%, the 777 would continue straight ahead instead of turning.All other aircraft worked fine. I have not tried the default 777 in FS2004 yet, though.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP