Sign in to follow this  
CaptHill

VOX ATC

Hello guys, I have just started to understand how to fly a STAR well and also SIDS.SIDS I have the hang of completely now but STARS are a little harder.Radar Contact is also causing me some problems in that it selects the active runway but I have to request an IAP approach to the runway I have planned my STAR for. So on final I have aircraft sometimes head at me on the runway!Does VOX ATC cater for STARS better?Also how do you choose a STAR when you dont know which runway will be in use at the arrival airport?Thanks RIchExtra Note - there are two things I don't understand when reading the VOX website,Does VoxATC X control MSFS AI trafficNo, VoxATC generates its own AI aircraft based on FS traffic aircraft. Traffic sliders for airline and GA traffic should be set to 0 % in FS.What would happen to all my beloved World of AI??A SID or STAR are not being assigned although they are defined for a flightBefore loading a flight with a SID or a STAR, load a different flight. When that flight has loaded, load the flight with SID and/or STAR. This is because MSFS makes a copy of the relevent files for the last flight you made. If you reload that flight it will load the copy and the association between the flight name and the defind SIDs and STARs will be lost. If you load another flight first this does not happen.What?? lolThanks

I can only answer one of your questions and I have limited experience with VOX. With respect to MS AI traffic, the program uses your installed aircraft and generates their flight plans/paths. It is necessary for the program to be able to not only control you but the AI traffic flying around you. So, my assumption is you will still see the AI models that you have installed but the program will generate their activity. When I did use VOX, I saw some strange behavior with the AI and I have not kept up with the program. Perhaps the issues have since been addressed and you can post in the VOX forum for further details.

Chad Griffin