Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Hot Single Engine Turbine ?

All, In the market for a hot single engine turbine... How does the old Flight1 Meridian stack up by todays standards ??? I read on the sales page it doesn't support Vista - any known issues running on Vista 32 ??? Any other candidates that I may have missed better suited for todays FS environment ???Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the Meridian. The flight model itself is fine. The panel has RXP guages. They do not work in Vista unless you buy the new ones from Reality. I had to add a 2d panel that I found in the library. It diminishes the package. I would pass on this version and find something that is indeed compatible with Vista or Windows 7. I had this same problem with the Commander 112.

Hi Bill, Thanks for the input - probably saved me $30.00 - which seems a little steep for such an old plane... :)Regards,Scott

All,I don't know why I have the turbine bug but it seems that we don't have many options for turbine singles... I just recalled the Flight1 PC-12 - anyone have any feedback on it ???Regards,Scott

I haven't flown it personally, but I do know it is an old add-on as well; like the Meridian is.Now, if you want twin-engine turbine than you can't go wrong with the AeroWorx King Air B-200. One of the best add-ons for MSFS, IMO.

HiiYeah that one looks like a keeper too. I may have to pick that one up. I've got the DA Cheyenne which is one of the best planes I've come across.Thanks for the tip!Regards,Scott

I've been glancing at the B 200 myself. It appears to be made for XP. You might check the author for verification. I may do it later today, but golf comes first. I just can't pass up another opportunity to play in a 100+ degree day. You sure sweat out the beer from the previous day.

flight 1 says XP and Win2000 are the official os's. Aeroworx does not support it in other os's. Maybe someone with Win 7 that owns the plane can help?

Hi Bill, Thanks for the info... Yeah - I've had my eye on that bird for a long time... I would think it would work on Vista32... Enjoy your golf - I'm stuck in the basement of a building right next to the WTC.. I'll trade !!!:)Regards,Scott

I don't know if you would consider it hot, but Pilatus aircraft are single turbine. I have the FSDT PC6 and it cruises above 150 knots GS. The nice thing about it is you can fly it into and out of some very interesting places. I took a flight in it last night and landed withing the first 500' of runway (I am still getting used to the bird).

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Hi Mike, Yeah - the Porter is definitely hot in it's own right... I love the opening sequence to Air America featuring the landing on the mountain... I have the old version one from FSD... Porter in Action

Ryan, Thanks for your feedback on the King Air - I think I may have to try it... Regards,Scott