Sign in to follow this  
wijnroks

strange behaviour CH yoke and pedals

Hi, a sudden problem occurs with my CH Yoke and pedals: looking at the controls in the VC, braking with the left brake (differential) causes the yoke to turn completely to the right, relieving the brake causes the yoke to turn to the left. The right brake functions normally. I tried recalibrating via Windows (XP) and FSUIPC without succes. After that I installed the CH control manager to calibrate with this device. This repaired the strange brake side effect, but caused another problem: using the proplever is causing a rudder movement and using the mixturelever, moves the prop-lever. So, a complete axis-mess. Did anyone had an experience like that and how could I solve it eventually?Regards, Hans

And if that doesn't work, tryhttp://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Hardware-HelpColin B

This "mess" - one axis input giving a different axis output - can be caused if you have changed the position of the USB cables in your pc. Apparently the pc remembers the original position when the hardware was calibrated.

My advice is not to use the CH software if you are using FS9 controls and FSUIPC to do your assignments/calibration. Too much potential for conflict.

Peter Schluter

Thank you for your suggestions. Both left brake and aileron are attached to the X-axis (brake reversed), but I don't see any way to change this double use.Of course I played around with other USB ports on my computer and went back to the port where they originally were, but it didn't change anything.Calibrating with FSUIPC is no cure either, or did you mean to use the axis assignement of FSUIPC? My question is also if the problem is hardware (CH) related, or is it on the software side (Windows XP), In the last case, buying new hardware (Saitek) could confront me with the same problems.Regards, Hans

Thank you for your suggestions. Both left brake and aileron are attached to the X-axis (brake reversed), but I don't see any way to change this double use.Of course I played around with other USB ports on my computer and went back to the port where they originally were, but it didn't change anything.Calibrating with FSUIPC is no cure either, or did you mean to use the axis assignement of FSUIPC? My question is also if the problem is hardware (CH) related, or is it on the software side (Windows XP), In the last case, buying new hardware (Saitek) could confront me with the same problems.Regards, Hans
HansAssuming it is NOT hardware fault......If both L Brake and aileron are activated when you press the left pedal, then you have a double assignment. Either in FS9; or FSUIPC; or in CH software. Check in FS9 settings to see what the aileron is assigned to. Remember to use the drop down box in FS9 to make sure you are looking at the CH Pedals when you do this, as FS9 has a habit of reverting back to show the assignments for the Yoke.Then check that The CH software is not assigning anything. I suggest you ininstall it.Then check you have not assigned anything in FSUIPC.You do a test by "disabling joystick" in FS9. If you still get the movement then you have a Ch or FSUIPC assignment.I use CH rudder/throttle/yoke and I assign EVERYTHING direct through FSUIPC (including view commands). I then have the joystick "disabled" in FS9. It will take time to set up but you can then create aircraft specific set-ups.

Peter Schluter

Hi, it's repaired. Everything works again as it should. If I only knew why. I played around a lot after all the suggestions: unplugged devices, rebooted, deleting CH manager, deleting FSUIPC.cfg and at last I opened the windows gamecontroller, clicked on advanced and choose the resp. devices to be used with "older software" (my translation from german). After that I had to reassign the pedal axis in FS and then everything was fine again. Which of all these parameters did the trick?? A bit mysterious if you ask me.At least I am happy again. Thank you all for your feedback.Regards, Hans