Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

How to set up dual boot?

I am interested in buying the Saitek x36 for Flanker 2.5 and upcoming Lomac. Unfortunately, the x36 is not completely compatible with winxp, so I was wondering how I would set up win98 on a different HD so that I could boot into that OS when I wanted to play Flanker or another sim with the saitek x36. Is it just as easy as choosing the HD during installation and choosing which OS to boot into on every start up, or is it more complicated? Thanks!Craig

Thanks for the link. It looks like it might be more hassle than I want to deal with because I dont like the idea of having to reinstall XP after Ive just done that a few weeks ago. I thought since I have two disks that I might be able to just slap 98 on the other drive I use to store files and just choose whichever drive/OS I wanted each time I boot.Craig

As an alternate Craig you may want to check:-http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/ and look at the other drivers available for the X36 & X45.Although I have downloaded them I have yet to take the plunge but plenty of people at simhq are happy with the alternate drivers.Just a thought.Rgds

Thanks for the link, Trip. I thought that I should be able to load it up on the second disk without a problem, but I wasnt sure. Ill give that a try this weekend and see how it goes.Craig

Ive been visiting that board for about a week or so, Vulcan, and I have seen that no matter what drivers or programs you use, the rotary dials are not operative. They are the main reason I need a HOTAS setup because dialing in targets with the keyboard really sucks. It looks as though they might get something figured out soon if Saitek doesnt. Thanks.Craig