Sign in to follow this  
mrcaveman

HELP!!! FS2004 does not start!

Guest oliverrichter

The loading screen appears, disappears and nothing happens. No error, nothing.AMD Athlon 1400TB1024MR DDR 266ATI Radeon 9100Win XP Prof.Thank you - please help

"The loading screen appears, disappears and nothing happens. No error, nothing."Is this th first time you have tried to load FS9?

Guest oliverrichter

The first time I start FS2004, the scenery indicies or so ( I have german version) is done, and than the screnn disappears and, thats it.

oliverrichter, If you do CTL-ALT-DEL, is FS9 still running?

Guest JonP01

>The loading screen appears, disappears and nothing happens.>No error, nothing.>>AMD Athlon 1400TB>1024MR DDR 266>ATI Radeon 9100>Win XP Prof.>>Thank you - please helpThis can be caused by a couple of things. (i) Your personal documents shell extension needs repairing (for example the "my documents" shell extension in Win9x) (ii) There is something wrong with your Internet Explorer installation. If either of these components are missing or in need of repair, the sim will not launch and the splash screen will hang. You could spend a long time trying to figure exactly what is wrong with your system registry, or take the relatively quick way like I did and re-install Windows - making sure all default components are included.

Guest oliverrichter

No. When the screen disappers off the screen, it isn't in the menu. The screen isn't fullscreen.

I am running Windows Me and have experanced the same problem. Here is what I did to get the sim to load.Place your disk #4 into your CD.Click on "start" "programs" Microsoft games" "fs2004, trouble shoot, reset default settings.Open you display properties and be sure your adaptor refresh rate is correct. I set mine to 85HZ as my monitor has a preset of 1024 x 768 at 85HZ and this is what I use.Do not change anything on the open screen, just click create flight, flynow.Once you are in the sim click on Alt-enter. This is not the full scree mode but the sim stops crashing back to the desktop. You can now change your setting to your liking. This may not help you at all but is working for me. I would like to know why If I select the full screen mode my system crashes back to the desktop also. If you every fiqure this one out please let me know.I had to use the Alt-enter tab and fly that way because when I try the full screen, it jumps back to the desktop just as you explain and when you do a Ctl Alt Del the sim is not running. Good luck.