Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

ultimate traffic, fs traffic, my traffic for FS2004?

Guest Cougar_DK

Hi, I'm a little confuesed about which of these three products I should buy. I have FS2004 and I would like some "life" in my airports. It shouldn't be to hard to setup etc. CheersMark

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

The ONLY one to get is Ultimate Traffic when it gets patched for FS9. I have My Traffic and the planes look like they came right from FS98. Just hang in there and wait for the update.

Mark,let me throw one more in the mix here ;-) What about ProjectAI? They just released their FS2004 installer and using that one is a charm!You really don't need to know a whole lot about installing traffic and they have a great forum too. It's also a great way of figuring out the performance with traffic on one's PC. I'd give it a shot. I just installed a load of traffic yesterday and I'm stunned as to how my seasoned PC handles it.Here's the link: www.projectai.comHope this helps,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest Cougar_DK

Hi Pete, thanx for talking the time to answer. Could you share a little light on this projectai? I.e. what is to download etc...?Mark

Guest wathomas777

There are plenty of freeware sites out there that can help. Project AI is one of the largest.However, as with any freeware, there is quite a bit of time investment involved downloading, compiling flight schedules and the like. If that is your cup of tea, then Project AI along with Traffic Tools and the new version of AFCAD manager by Lee Swordy should do you just fine (when it is released)My Traffic and Ultimate Traffic are two programs that eliminate a lot of the headache and provide you with one smooth and simple way of adding AI traffic.Both programs use Project AI repaints as their base, so I would seriously doubt anyone who says one's planes are better than the others, since they are both licensed by Project AI. For FS2002, Ultimate traffic was clearly superior because it used real world flight schedules, and had many more liveries and flight plans.However for FS2004, My traffic has raised the bar and now out does Ultimate Traffic in terms of number of airliners and flights. It also supports Military traffic in addition to GA and Commericial. However, it does not have any Overlays for FS2004 as of yet.Ultimate Traffic is still awaiting release of it's FS2004 version, and while some folks (including myself) have been able to jerry-rig Ultimate Traffic into FS2004 with satisfactory results, it is not officially supported into FS2004 as of this positng.Both programs relied on Airport Overlays to provide ample parking in FS2002 airports. While FS2004 has better parking, both programs will rely again of AFCAD to be updated for FS2004. This should occur around October-November timeframe, according to Lee Swordy So as it stands, both programs have to rely on FS2004 default parking for the time being. It will be interesting to see how the "rivalry" between Ultimate Traffic, and it's European Cousin, My traffic plays out.Right now, the only dinger against My Traffic is that it uses a dynamic "simulated" flight schedule. Which has the "potential" to come up with some screwy flight plans, but reviews have stated that the flight schedule engine is quite intelligent, and doesn't do anything really out of whack.Ultimate traffic uses Real World (or at least Real when they released) flight timetables from each airline. You also have the ability do edit or download schedules. This is handy for VA enthusiasts as you can easily incorporate the flight schedule of your VA into the mix and watch your own VA planes follow your VA's flight schedule.The review in Flightsim.com compares and contrasts, and the general feeling is that either My Traffic or Ultimate Traffic is both worth your dollar. And you can't go wrong with either. I went with UT due to it's lower price and the real world flight scheduling, but it's really now down to a matter of taste.FS Traffic, I didn't even include because the number of Airports, Flight Plans and Liveries don't even come up to 10% of either My Traffic or Ultimate Traffic, and the price is the same. So. Forget it.

Guest Cougar_DK

Thanx for your answer, would you wait for the version 2004 of UT or would you buy the 2002 and try to jerry-rig it like you said?What does the the jerry-rig'ing include?

Guest wathomas777

The FS2004 update is a free upgrade, so there is no real "reason" to wait. The jury rigging is rather simple and quick.1. Have FS2002 installed or install a minimal install2. Install Ultimate Traffic in the FS2004 folder3. Download and install Traffic Tools 3.x from AVSIM (it is compatible with FS2004)4. Start UT and minimize the AFCAD editor. It's going to tell you you have AFCAD errors, but don't pay them any mind. Use task manager to end the AFCAD editor.5. In the UT main screen. Choose Compile, and then choose all the airports and your GA traffic. Make sure you have "inhibit arrival times" checked or the aircraft will keep doing go arounds.6. Start the compile. Half way through after it has gathered the data, exit out of the compiler.7. Copy the airport.txt. traffic.txt and flightplans.txt (I think thats the name of them)from the UT folder to the Traffic Tools folder and allow Traffic Tools to compile.That should be it. The forum in the UT website is pretty good about it.They say the upgrade is around the corner which will bring UT up to 85% of it's "power". You will see traffic using multiple runways and such. When the AFCAD manager is updated to use newer AFCAD's then you will see UT explode.....

"Both programs use Project AI repaints as their base, so I would seriously doubt anyone who says one's planes are better than the others, since they are both licensed by Project AI."I own BOTH programs and I CAN SAY WITHOUT HESITATION that there is a BIG VISUAL difference in MyTraffic and UT as WELL as routes and liveries. They may both be licensed Project AI but UT looks, works, and contains MORE for your dollar than MT.I am NOT KIDDING that the planes from MyTraffic look like they just flew in from Flight Sim 98 or even earlier but I didn't get that "LOOK OR FEEL" with UT at all.

Guest Shawn McCaig

I'll second this option Peter. I downloaded their new installer yesterday morning and sevreal airline packages and installation was a breeze, instructions were easy to follow, and now my FS world just seems so much more,well, REAL. I'm sure that MyTraffic and UT do a fine job (don't have either one), but for folks on any kind of a budget, the price is right (FREE), and downloading from ProjectAI does basically the same thing. Oh, and just to ease newbies minds...I'm a newbie at MOST of all this AI stuff, and I got it right the first try...anyone can do this. :-)

Guest wathomas777

Thanks. That's very interesting. Personally I am using UT and love it. I'm using it in FS2004 and I have no issues with it. I will be interested in seeing what the update for FS2004 does.I wonder if the new version of MY traffic has had to use a lower LOD model to fit in all the additional flight plans and Liveries, which might explain why closeup they look so bad.

Guest hassata

I'm using MT and absolutely love it. Planes look great. Also some of the best support of any developer. Check out their site.

It is strange to get such varied opinions on the software. Don't know if you have UT or not but I bought UT for FS2002 and when I got FS2004 UT wasn't working for 2004 yet so I bought MyTraffic. I used it for about 2 days and deleted it because I couldn't stand to look at the planes and lack of routes and liveries. I have been without either until UT patches.It is just interesting to note how you say "Planes look great" when on my HIGH END system they look like someone who just learned how to paint and model with a PC.P4 3.06Gigabyte G8INXP512M Dual Channel DDR266Radeon 9800 Pro 128MBSB Augidy 2 Platinum3 WD - 120GB HD's1 WD - 180GB HDDual 21" Cornerstone MonitorsSony DRU-510ASamsung DVD/CDRWThermaltake Server Case/500W PSWindows XP Pro

Guest Leonardo

Subscribe, I'm not only new to this AI thing but new to the whole MSFS scene since for years I've used Fu3.ProjectAI is a real bomb, supereasy to install and works beatifully, just an advice, edit all your default 737s, 747s and 777s and delete Paint1, Paint2, etc from their aircraft.cfg otherwise the default planes will take a lot of space from the real ones.A real must have. Enough of Landmark, Orbit and so on, just left the Global freightways cargo 747.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I've never tried UT or FS Traffic. I know nothing about FS Traffic. But from reading about UT and as a user of MT here's a little info I can give. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about anything. Such as MT having more night time traffic than UT.I like MyTraffic very much. It does do things a little differently. It is not based upon real airline schedules. But it has GA aircraft at many small airports. It has good amount of traffic around the clock. UT has more traffic during the day since it is based on real schedules. A nice thing about ultimate traffic is that it includes an automatic update utility, allowing you to select which files to download, on a regular basis. MyTraffic has military aircraft and traffic at a number of military bases, something UT does not have, and you can request ALL kinds of various aircraft, and military bases, to be included in future updates/versions of MyTraffic if you want in their support forum. I think the aircraft in MT look just fine. They are not as detailed as default or addon aircraft. But I don't think they look like they are straight from FS98. They are made to be framerate friendly and that is why they do not look quite as detailed as default or addon aircraft. Here's a picture of an MT aircraft taking off from when I was using FS2002.Regards,Jimmy 'Tin Soldier' Richards"Variable, this is EasyRhino. Do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/32007.jpg