Sign in to follow this  
pampiermole

rise in fps when switching sound off

When I fly my 747 (and now dreamlifter), my fps can be low, like 5. When I fly default aircraft it is over 40. Now I noticed that the fps rise from 5 to 25 in the 747 when I switch of sound.I was surprised to see that happening, since I thought sound was not having an impact on the framerate. Is there a way to have better framerates by tuning sound output, but not muting it entirely? I tried to do someting with sliders in the sound menu, but it didn't work out.Any thoughts? Thanx,Martin

Martin Pampiermole

Here's a quick explanation:Tap your head with your left hand. Stop.Rub your stomache with your right hand. Stop.Now do both at the same time. You'll note that even if you're able to do both, it's not nearly as good as doing one at a time (one of the central reasons in the ban on cell phones while driving in certain states/districts).Your computer is somewhat the same, but a lot better than a person at executing complex tasks simultaneously. Basically, when you cut the sound out, it no longer has to process the data that creates the sound, which frees up space for it to run everything else. That's a gross simplification, but it's the basics. As far as tweaking sound, I don't think there's a good way to go about doing it that's worth the time and effort.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Full names please gentlemen, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/Make sure your sound drivers are from the sources web site and not from windows update. I don't know what it is about windows drivers but I have had some pretty strange occurrences with letting windows supply the "Updated" driver. Also you could check your windows event logs and see if something is going on.The best test is to run task manager and FS in windowed mode. When you mute the sound look for something spiking the CPU Usage. It could be any type of sound card enhancement software running in the background.My guess is it's just a coincidence to something else, but I've seen stranger things happen :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 2080ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier