Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Smoother weather changes?

Guest Stephan

I'm afraid that's what we have to live with right now until these fine add-ons are updated.Best,Stephan

Hugo,I know that Marc Philibert of FSMeteo is well aware of these problems and working on them. Damian Clark is releasing a new updated version of ActiveSky to work with the local/global FS9 weather engine.It is sad to say, the today, the only weather engine that takes full advantage of the new advanced FS9 weather engine is FS9's Real Weather function. It is the only one today that will render the clouds correctly and also place winds on the airplane somoothly and not cause the constant changes that you have experienced along with the rest of us.Hope these guys can get their arms around the problems.Bob JohnsonKDEN

Bob et all, Seeing same thing, with latest version of FSMeteo and Pete's latest build of FSUIPC with registration activated. None of the old tricks that worked so well to refine the poor MS weather engine in FS2002 work with this latest marriage of the FSUIPC and FSMeteo. Pete mentioned something on his website about FSUIPC not using the local parameters just the global ones because the local weather obtained was better now...and the lack of need for the taxi wind key because that is better now...and the new MS weather engine and how that interpolates between weather stations to give the appearance of a gradual change.Seems FSMeteo is not optimized for this new weather engine because I like others am seeing both dramatic changes in visibility weather and wind speed/direction changes, especially when climbing or descending through a layer. Has made FS2004 totally unrealistic to the point where I may just stick with the FS2002 or the default weather engine in FS2004 until this gets sorted out. Anyway, like you said, these guys will sort it out I'm sure. Kind of ironic that this happy marriage which helped refine the weather so well in FS2002 over the hamfisted MS engine now makes the default unstable in FS2004.....regards,

Hugo,Just to support what the others have said, yes we know that cloud transitions are not very smooth with wxRE. I hope that, in AS, under Options you have checked the "Disable Cloud Transitions" box. This allows FS04 to handle the cloud transitions. ActiveSky 2 will do a better job in this department!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Thank you all for your help.I will use FS04 weather engine until one (or both) of these programs are doing a better job with the transitions.Yes Jim, I have the "Disable Cloud Transitions" box checked but it doesn

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT