Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

T & L and Radeon 9800

When I tick T&L on my Radeon 9800 and exterior lights are on (Lear), the reflection is rendered against the fuselage as blinking, red blotches. Any ideas?Thanks,Mark

which driver are you using and how are your video settings ?Ulisses

Just got a new system with 9800. How do you tell what your drivers are (Old NVidia drivers showed up in Desktop/Properties/Advanced)? Also, what is the difference in 9800 and 9800Pro (I know, about $200, but what else ?)

Guest in_04

> Also, what is the difference in>9800 and 9800Pro (I know, about $200, but what else ?)The Radeon 9800 is slower.The 9800 Pro has 380 MHz frequenz on the GPU and 340 MHz on the DDR.The 9800 non Pro has 315-325 MHz on the GPU and 290-310 MHz on the DDR. The differenz on GPU and DDR clock depends on the manufacture of the 9800 non Pro card, the 9800 Pro are all at the same speed.ByeMarkus

I got the nonpro and I already have the card(with some active cooling) at 350mhz gpu and 320mhz on the ram and its as happy as a clam. I would say that justifies the 140$ less for the non pro asi see almost the same numbers as the pro version, not quite but close. I still have some room left on the OC too, but I think I will saty where I am.Hornit

Guest in_04

Hi Hornit,my run at 350/330 without problems.I agree that the price for the pro is not worth the speed, but you can OC the pro too.ByeMarkus