Sign in to follow this  
Nic

Freezing problem

Hi all Got a strange problem which has suddenly manifested itself. On take off from Seattle,(FlyTampa)following runway heading 34, then dial in a left turn to 270 to fly out toward the coast after about 15 mins or just over coast area I get a sudden freeze of the sim, no error message from FS9 displayed the majority of the time, when it has displayed it has mentioned that files G2.DLL,OR G3.DLL ( I think!!!) or mentions PMDG Guage file, or sometimes it just says an error occured. Windows event viewer is not much help for possible causes.I have not yet removed PMDG 737 from the sim to see if this is the cause, but would this effect any other arcraft? This has occured with the following aircraft PMDG 737, Dreamfleet 727,. I have updated FSUIPC (unregistred) to latest version have taken the last for AI Aircraft downloads out of the sim altogether. I flew the default Learjet on the same route last night and it was fine ( let it fly out into the Pacific for about 1 hour)I also run ActiveSky Evolution, Alacrity PC, Radar contactAny help would be appreciated on what to do next to help solve the problem.

Are you talking of a complete computer lock up, or just the sim crashing and leaving an error in the application log?Might be two different problems here: the g2d.dl mixed with a pmdg gauge is most likely due to some faulty AFCAD in the area you're flying in,or a duplicate AFCAD somewhere in the area. It can also be caused by a scenery priority problem. Try to remember which scenery you've installed lately, and move it below in the scenery.cfg. It has solved some sim crashes I experienced around the HongKong area in China and Frankfurt in Germany.About the computer lockup, which is a different problem, I spent monthes to chase the cause and found the culprit to be some value I had changed in the fs9.cdg, the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT (TBM) that I had set to 400, I lowered it to 200 and it solved the problem. The default value for this entry being 40 if I recall correctly.Hope this helps.

Are you talking of a complete computer lock up, or just the sim crashing and leaving an error in the application log?Might be two different problems here: the g2d.dl mixed with a pmdg gauge is most likely due to some faulty AFCAD in the area you're flying in,or a duplicate AFCAD somewhere in the area. It can also be caused by a scenery priority problem. Try to remember which scenery you've installed lately, and move it below in the scenery.cfg. It has solved some sim crashes I experienced around the HongKong area in China and Frankfurt in Germany.About the computer lockup, which is a different problem, I spent monthes to chase the cause and found the culprit to be some value I had changed in the fs9.cdg, the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT (TBM) that I had set to 400, I lowered it to 200 and it solved the problem. The default value for this entry being 40 if I recall correctly.Hope this helps.
Hi ArnaudFirstly thanks for your reply. The PC more often than not freezes completly leaving me with a shot of the instrument panel, more often than not no FS9 error message application appears which needs a computer reboot to clear. I have checked for duplicate AFCADS I have no duplicates at all, I may have put in a new Seattle AFCAD so I can put the original back in and see if that helps.Most recent scenery installed is FlyTampa TNCM I will disable that in the library see if that could be the culprit. And I'll check Ref The TBM I have always had that set at 400 and havn't changed the CFG for a long time and have never had any probs in the past.I'll report back tomorrow when I'm home from work.RegardsNic

Nic, such as theese problems are really makes headache.Generally problems are too smalls but we can't see them!As you said that, when you flew with default plane more than 1 hr from the same departure and route and there wasn't problem; it's good , it means your FS9 is still healthy, there is no any basic problem on your FS9.You received the problem with addon planes. The most of addon planes requires registered FSUIPC becouse they are using a lot of features of FSUIPC. Another possibility; your computer hardware maybe doesn't enough addon planes. The most of addon planes base models are very huge modelling (by vectores and faces) and they are using 32bit BMP textures. If you hardware is avarage performance and if it is warm (in hot days), maybe your graphic card or CPU cause of freezing. Try to keep cold if necessary.But according me, FSUIPC is much closer to the problem if you live with only addon planes. If you able, I advise to become registred user of FSUIPC. (worth for it, becouse of,%90 addon or features does work with FSUIPC capabilities)I don't think so caused by afcad.continue to write and let we check how can we solve it.Good luck,

Nic, such as theese problems are really makes headache.Generally problems are too smalls but we can't see them!As you said that, when you flew with default plane more than 1 hr from the same departure and route and there wasn't problem; it's good , it means your FS9 is still healthy, there is no any basic problem on your FS9.You received the problem with addon planes. The most of addon planes requires registered FSUIPC becouse they are using a lot of features of FSUIPC. Another possibility; your computer hardware maybe doesn't enough addon planes. The most of addon planes base models are very huge modelling (by vectores and faces) and they are using 32bit BMP textures. If you hardware is avarage performance and if it is warm (in hot days), maybe your graphic card or CPU cause of freezing. Try to keep cold if necessary.But according me, FSUIPC is much closer to the problem if you live with only addon planes. If you able, I advise to become registred user of FSUIPC. (worth for it, becouse of,%90 addon or features does work with FSUIPC capabilities)I don't think so caused by afcad.continue to write and let we check how can we solve it.Good luck,
Hi Hakan737The computer I have is more than capable of running the addon planes, so, I don't think it is that. If we have very warm weather which to be honest in England is not very often I will usually take the side off the Computer to aid with cooling and always have a window open.I will look deeper into the FSUIPC angle of this problem and report back.Thank you for taking the time to reply.RegardsNic

Well Guys Back from work and played around with the FlightSim for a couple of hours in the Seattle area. I replaced the AFCAD file I downloaded for the FT KSEA and replaced it with the original that shipped with the product. I have been flying for about 2 hours out to the coast back to KSEA with a few touch and gos for good measure and no crashes or freezes.Things are looking good :( I have other Afcads for the Fly Tampa range of airports I might delete those too as I remember a CTD at KSFO in the not too distant past.Once again Arnaud and Hakan I really appreciate your help and advice.RegardsNic