Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Looking for realistic Weather

Guest A32X

What's the best weather addon(s) for FS2004? Are there any yet?Also is there a third party weather radar available for FS9?Cheers,Paul

Guest A32X

Also, could someone maybe post some shots?Thanks

Paul,We hope that real soon our weather add-on, ActiveSky 2, will be the best weather add on. It will contain a weather radar, but sorry, no screen shots yet. Watch our forum here at AVSIM for further news and developments!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Paul,I like WeatherCenter 2 a lot. It was excellent in FS2002. They just finished updating it in FS2004. Sorry to say, isn't as wonderful in FS2004 yet. Seems to cause little pauses constantly. Vey little, but still there. I have only used it once and it seems the pauses are very slight, but still there. I think this might very well be due the implementation of how FSUIPC updates weather in FS2004, which all available weather addons that I know of use and 'talk' to. There is a thread or two about this in this forum. You can be almost assured these issues will get worked out by the developer of FSUIPC and the developers of the various addon Weather programs in the, hopefully, not too distant future. These things happen with new versions of MSFS and many developers are having to re-work their addon for use in FS2004. I will make and post some screenshots of WeatherCenter 2.3 in a while. But it will be a while as I have to leave in about 20 minutes and run an errand. Don't expect to see them from me for a couple hours or so, but I'll be back.Regards,One Tin Soldier

ActiveSky wxRE 1.9 works in FS9, and produces some pretty nice weather effects, but I'm sure that version 2.0, which will be written specifically for FS9 will be better. I'm looking forward to seeing what Damian can do about the incomplete cloud cover problem.I posted some screenshots using active sky in the screenshot forum if you are interested:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=76344&page=3

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Again Paul,Sorry I took a while to get back here and get it done. I read the rules for this section of the forum and it pretty much said that I should post these screenshots in the screenshot forum. So, first, to let you know where the website for this program is, it's at...http://www.simulationwidgets.com/And the screenshots I made of it are here...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...4&mesg_id=76644I hope you like them.Take Care, :-waveJimmy RichardsOne Tin Soldier

Hi Paul,I also use Weather Center 2.3 a lot these days. Aside from the issues that Jimmy mentioned, it's fantastic. I've been following a development of a storm system two days ago across some 8 hours. My home airport was on the very edge of the system. It was incredible to see how accurate Weather Center was! I could literally compare the picture in FS9 to the outside situation! Clouds slowly forming over the mountains, then creep SW - it was all there! I have never, ever seen anything like it in a flight simulator and I've had them all, including Sublogic's Flight Simulator on a Commodore 64. :) Well, in any case, there's a free trial version. Well worth looking into, IMO! Regards,JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

Looks like there are 3 PaulActiveSky http://www.hifisim.com/FS Meteo http://www.fsmeteo.com/WeatherCenter link already posted.I have both FS Meteo and ActiveSky and can't decide which I like better :-) so I tend to use one then the other. I look forward to V2 of ActiveSky and if not too expensive will purchase it.Both Damian and Marc are good at customer support.I have not used WeatherCenter, a fairly new product, because I already have 2 weather programs and I thought WeatherCenter only allows you to create weather, not download real weather, but it looks like I am wrong on that :-)One thing to look for is the coverage of the weather programs if you fly outside the USA.During the development of ActiveSky it left us Europeans out in the cold because of the source of its data. Damian has strived to improve this but I still think that FS Meteo has better coverage. ActiveSky 2 will, I hope correct this.FSFlightMax, available from the avsim library, does provide a weather radar, along with a lot of other features, for FS2k2 but I'm not sure if it works in FS9.I am not sure if the 3 programs have trial versions, if they do try each one and see which you like.If you decide to go for ActiveSky and don't have FS2k2 I would suggest waiting for V2 to be released.HTH

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Paul,I hope you take a look at the screenshots and post a comment in the screenshot thread. I worked(sic) at making them for you! x:)~