Sign in to follow this  
Guest Greystone

Win-7 Mouse Pad Sensitivity

Guest Greystone

I've been running the same hardware and Win-7 OS for the last half year. About a week ago, weird stuff began to happen: my mouse would jump around on its own; windows would close on their own; the back button would mysteriously move me while I was typing; Hotmail messages would be sent without my commanding it....A real mystery. I tried changing keyboards, changing the mouse, and even disabling some FSX peripherals in case there might be a driver conflict. No joy.So my cousin, who runs a software company, is on the MS Developers team and he says Win-7 has a mouse pad sensitivity issue. HUH!??? Mouse pad? I have a laser mouse and a 3M laser mouse pad. So I Google this issue and there are a gazillion hits from sites where people have issues with a laptop touchpad, but nothing about a regular mousepad. So I replaced my laser pad with a generic squishy foam rubber thing-- the one with the two golden retriever puppies on it that I gave my wife last year-- and so far the jumpies have not been a problem.Anybody out there get this issue? If so, is there a better workaround than what I did? I miss my laser pad.

I found that my MS mouse doesn't like too shiny a surface to work on. My old mouse pad was getting a bit glossy after a lot of use and the mouse pointer was starting to jump around the screen. A new pad solved the problem. Fred

Guest Greystone
I found that my MS mouse doesn't like too shiny a surface to work on. My old mouse pad was getting a bit glossy after a lot of use and the mouse pointer was starting to jump around the screen. A new pad solved the problem.Fred
I discovered it also helped to install the latest drivers for my ATI 5870. DUUUHH!! A mistake that's like busting a checkride: Those who have, and those who will.