Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Maximum airport altitude

Does anyone know what is the maximum airport altitude that the JS41 is certified to operate from/to?My first attempt at departing Cuzco (10,860 ft) did not go too well - I did get airborne, but the climb performance was pretty miserable. And this was at temperatures around freezing, I'd hate to try it on a summer day ... Of course, the airplane was probably never designed to operate from a place that high.

1.Maximum permissible altitude: 25,000 ft.2.Minimum permissible pressure altitude: -1,000 ft.3.Maximum pressure altitude for takeoff and landing: 8,000 ft.But I'll put my comment: first thing the pilot should know about his aircraft is it's minimums, this data is in AOM, which You should read prior to get this bird to sky.Cheers.rolleyes.gif

Hello,Jetstream is flying from Bogota which is 8,361 ft high. It is more than 8,000 ft :( www.airliners.net/photo/EasyFly/British-Aerospace-Jetstream/1310689/L/pavel

3.Maximum pressure altitude for takeoff and landing: 8,000 ft.But I'll put my comment: first thing the pilot should know about his aircraft is it's minimums, this data is in AOM, which You should read prior to get this bird to sky.
Thanks - yes, I know, I should know all this stuff by heart before getting into the plane :( I didn't see it in the PMDG docs, though.

Jetstream is flying from Bogota which is 8,361 ft high. It is more than 8,000 ft :(
8,000 MSL ≠ 8,000 PA (except when the altimeter setting is 29.92) :(

8,000 MSL ≠ 8,000 PA (except when the altimeter setting is 29.92) :(
So are they flying to Bogota only during high QNH days? :(

So are they flying to Bogota only during high QNH days? :(
"High" QNH days like today? Dunno maybe... Maybe the pressure at Bogotá is routinely on the "High" side so it isn't a factor. :PIf they want to pretend they are Test Pilots and don't really care, I hope I learn of it so I can be sure never to fly with them. :( Then again... maybe Easyfly has worked out with BAe what Loadings are "Acceptable" with High Altitude Airports such as Bogotá. Certainly would have been the smart thing to do "pre-purchase". :(

Try using the VC10!! It was specifically designed for hot and high fields. Try it with 312,000lbs AUW or 335,000lbs AUW for the Super. You'll be surprised how quickly she gets off the ground.vololiberista

The VC10 is a cracking jetliner! If you want to see how slow you can go, have a go in a Trident - they nicknamed it "Gripper" and it was said the only reason they took off was because of the curveature of the Earth! Or try it in something with RR Dart engines (Viscount, Herald, A748) to see how slow you can get, it'll make the JS41 look like a jet fighter in those conditions; a good opportunity to try out the water methanol injection. Which I sometimes wonder if the J41 would of benefited from. Chris

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

HiAs it was a slow kind of day, I though I would have a look at this high altitude Jetstream, so just in case anybody wanted to try the Bogota flight that Pavel linked a photograph to, so if you wanted to have a go then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17271153/J41_EASYFLY_01.zipThis one was just for the fun of it, but if anybody does download her and wants naything changing, adding of anything at all updating on her, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson