Sign in to follow this  
james42

unable to load gauge problem

System path is correct and 3 sound files are in FS9 root directory of /Sound and nowhere else. What could be the problem?
Could also be your FS9 path is not correctly set in the registry...try downloading the free FS registry repair tool from Flight1's website and run that.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yes, Sir, FS9 path was correctly set in the registry after that all of those weaky problems disappered. I really apreciate your help and support. This TM2 B732 ADV craft is awesome. I want to thank you for every bit of helpful hints you gave your time and attention efforts. Very glad, with respect. Nikolai Pautov.

Guest Tu154captain
Could also be your FS9 path is not correctly set in the registry...try downloading the free FS registry repair tool from Flight1's website and run that.Dear Bob,I'm a long time fan of the TinMouse, and have read this topic and the others as well carefully. My computer has Vista (32bit) and everything worked fine with the B732ADV gau before versions 1.30 and up. I was out of the forums for a good while when i noticed the new versions of this bird, and immediately downloaded it, with all the necessary things. Modules and sounds are all in place, no older B732ADV.gaus around, no registry problem, I ran the Fs Registry Repair as well.Still, the gau doesn't work in Vista, with the same message people had here before. If I go back to the previous v1.2x everything works fine.Any ideas about this or people with similar problems? I would love to fire up the bird with the new autopilot!Thanks so muchKrisz

Dear Bob,I'm a long time fan of the TinMouse, and have read this topic and the others as well carefully. My computer has Vista (32bit) and everything worked fine with the B732ADV gau before versions 1.30 and up. I was out of the forums for a good while when i noticed the new versions of this bird, and immediately downloaded it, with all the necessary things. Modules and sounds are all in place, no older B732ADV.gaus around, no registry problem, I ran the Fs Registry Repair as well.Still, the gau doesn't work in Vista, with the same message people had here before. If I go back to the previous v1.2x everything works fine.Any ideas about this or people with similar problems? I would love to fire up the bird with the new autopilot!Thanks so muchKrisz
Do you have FS9 installed under a "Program Files" folder? If so, Vista's poorly-implemented UAC file redirection will move some of the files the panel needs into a different folder and break things. It's a bad idea to put FS9/FSX into the default path or into any path that begins with "\Program Files" for that reason. There is nothing you can do, including turning UAC off, that prevents Vista from redirecting files when they are located in a "\Program Files" folder. The only solution, if this is the problem, is to move FS9 to a different folder and then run the Flight1 registry repair tool to reflect the new path. The previous versions of the panel did not use registry paths to find files, but making a dual-platform (FS9/FSX) panel gauge resulted in taking that route.If that's not the problem, I need to know exactly what message you're seeing to try and help. RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Dear Col Scott

I write from Patagonia. Since many years I'm a fan of Tinmouse, but today I can´t use the new versions of this bird (1.30, 1.31, 1.32 and 1.40), only the 1.26 version work fine.

My problem is the same that others guys: the famous three sound files, the message "invalid xgs path", etc.

I did all that you tell that we must do:

1) I put that three files in the fs9/sound folder (I have windows 7-32bits) never in another folder...

2) I put the FS2Audio.dll file, extract from the 1.30 version, in the windows\system32 folder...

3) I repair the fs9 registry many times with the flight1 registry repair tool...

4) I reinstall Directx 09c from Microsoft site...and...

5) I put the fs9 in an external drive in this path E:FS9...

No case, the problem continue...I can't join this great plane...

Please Sr can you show me a way to a solution....?

kind regards and best wishes

Norbert

Did you try to register the FS2Sound.dll with Windows?

Open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> Enter: "cmd.exe"), then enter

C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\FS2AUDIO.dll

Then try to reinstall DirectX and see if it helps.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I'm a new user of this beautiful airplane with Windows 8.1 and have the same message about: TinMouse Error - No Active Audio Device. Any ideas and thanks for your help :rolleyes: 

Dear Col Scott

I write from Patagonia. Since many years I'm a fan of Tinmouse, but today I can´t use the new versions of this bird (1.30, 1.31, 1.32 and 1.40), only the 1.26 version work fine.

My problem is the same that others guys: the famous three sound files, the message "invalid xgs path", etc.

I did all that you tell that we must do:

1) I put that three files in the fs9/sound folder (I have windows 7-32bits) never in another folder...

2) I put the FS2Audio.dll file, extract from the 1.30 version, in the windows\system32 folder...

3) I repair the fs9 registry many times with the flight1 registry repair tool...

4) I reinstall Directx 09c from Microsoft site...and...

5) I put the fs9 in an external drive in this path E:FS9...

No case, the problem continue...I can't join this great plane...

Please Sr can you show me a way to a solution....?

kind regards and best wishes

Norbert

...please friends, no one has a clue to solve this problem?

thank you  

I'm at a loss then, because the TM2 1.40 woks for me both on W7 x86 with FS9 and W7 x64 and FSX.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days