Sign in to follow this  
Scope

Where is the backdrop taken

If you look at the backdrop it really looks like a screenshot - and a very nice one. But where in the world is it - you can see a runway through the clouds.Check it out:flightwhere.jpgAnyone who can see where it is?

If you look at the backdrop it really looks like a screenshot - and a very nice one. But where in the world is it - you can see a runway through the clouds.Check it out:flightwhere.jpgAnyone who can see where it is?
Lets not do this to ourselves. We have already been horribly disappointed with Microsoft magic screenshots. I'm all for not repeating that fiasco with speculation and wait until Microsoft explicitly says which are ingame screenshots and which ones are not.

Lets not do this to ourselves.  We have already been horribly disappointed with Microsoft magic screenshots.  I'm all for not repeating that fiasco with speculation and wait until Microsoft explicitly says which are ingame screenshots and which ones are not.
you misunderstood the OP's question.... where in the world is this picture was his question.

Great question! It's 100% Heathrow. You can see the M25 and Runway 09R!Do I win anything???Rhydian

I bet MS used a few cloud textures from REX as an overlay on an aerial photo of Heathrow.

I would bet good money that it's not Heathrow. :( fs11.jpg

Bernard

That is not Heathrow . The core of Heathrow is between the two main runways. At quick glance it does look like Heathrow tho :(

Guest BlueRidgeDx
That is not Heathrow . The core of Heathrow is between the two main runways. At quick glance it does look like Heathrow tho :(
St. Louis (KSTL)

It's not KSTL either! Note the hangers in the screenshot don't match STL at all...I would have thought KSEA, but it's clearly not there either...The "Great Mystery Airport Hunt" continues... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am going to have to go with KSTL too. The 4 GA hangers along taxiway F are there as well as the UPS cargo facility behind it. You can see the old Boeing plant off taxiway V. You can even see the bend in highway US 68 as it goes under Rwy 11/29 is even in the picture.  

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.