Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim236

Can the PMDG 737 ACARS be used?

Guest Jim236

Hi guys,Can anyone tell me if the ACARS in the PMDG 737 FMC can be used at all? I remember being told by someone that BA Virtual had managed to integrate it with FSACARS to send flight logs etc.Is it actually possible to link the PMDG ACARS with a third party ACARS software? Is there any way to link up the FMC ACARS to an independent server to download flightplans and to send ACARS logs etc?Cheers,Jim

Hi guys,Can anyone tell me if the ACARS in the PMDG 737 FMC can be used at all? I remember being told by someone that BA Virtual had managed to integrate it with FSACARS to send flight logs etc.Is it actually possible to link the PMDG ACARS with a third party ACARS software? Is there any way to link up the FMC ACARS to an independent server to download flightplans and to send ACARS logs etc?Cheers,Jim
To the best of my knowledge the ACARS is inop. There are a few third party ACARS add-ons that work with the NG but they don't link through the FMS.

Hi Jim,I found by accident that the EVENT TIMES (the Out - Off - On - In times) part of the PMDG B737 does work for the first leg of the flight. The only way to get to work for a second flight is to exit FS and start again. It starts with the release of the parking brake, then records the airbourne time, the landing time and finally the setting of the parking brake at the gate.Hope that helps.Neil Bradley