Sign in to follow this  

Auto flight logbook entries not working (FS2004)

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why this does not seem to be working for me - hopefully i'm just doing something wrong.I have the "Log Flight Time" option checked in the general settings. The help for this option says it's to enable automatic logging of flight time after a flight has ended. However, when i shut down FS2004, i get a dialog asking me to enter comments for my flight. Okay, seems fine so far, but a little odd that i only get this box when i shut down FS, and not when i end a flight (what happens if i have more than one flight?). However, if i go to view the .LOG file, it doesn't contain any flight log information, just the log entry headers. The next time i have a flight, and shut down FS, i get an error saying it "Can't find logbook: (some garbage characters)". It's like my logbook somehow becomes corrupted. It still exists in the default location (under My Documents/FS Files), but it has no entries. I've even gone as far as checking the fs9.cfg file, and sure enough, the LOG_FILE entry contains garbage characters. I've deleted the logbook (via the logbook menu) and recreated it many times, but i still get the same problem.Any ideas on what may be the problem, or what i may be doing wrong? BTW, i have no problems manually adding entries, but i really want to get the auto feature to work.

Your FS9.cfg sounds like it may be the problem. in the MISC section you should have at least the following two lines:LOG_TIME=1LOG_FILE=LOGBOOKIf either of these lines is corrupted then it won't work. It sounds like you're saying that the LOG_FILE entry is garbled.The bit about only asking when you exit flightsim is normal. All the time in an FS session is logged as a single flight. Kinda squirrely, but that's how it works.

Yes, somehow the LOG_FILE entry is garbled. Even after fixing the entry, it becomes garbled again. And LOG_TIME is set to 1; i believe this is a result of checking the "Log Flight Time" checkbox.Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what's going on, but i think i may be working right now. Not sure what i did differently - it may just be the combination of changing a bunch of things. I'll have to keep my eye on it.