Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

B-1 Bomber....Kansas Air Guard

I work with the Kansas Air Guard (184th Bomb Wing) and we're getting rid of our B-1's for the KC-135's. We're stationed out of McConnell AFB, Kansas and I was wondering someone could help me. I was wanting a B-1 of the 184th BW/127th BS that looks like a Bone in FS2002 that has swinging wings,etc..but no braking chute! Bone's don't have these,I'll get all the info and pictures that are needed. To bad we couldn't make a version for each of the bones out here with the "Flying Jayhawks". Someone please help me, and Go Guard! Bone184

Guest Wichita

>I work with the Kansas Air Guard (184th Bomb Wing) and we're >getting rid of our B-1's for the KC-135's. We're stationed >out of McConnell AFB, Kansas and I was wondering someone >could help me. I was wanting a B-1 of the 184th BW/127th BS >that looks like a Bone in FS2002 that has swinging >wings,etc..but no braking chute! Bone's don't have >these,I'll get all the info and pictures that are needed. To >bad we couldn't make a version for each of the bones out >here with the "Flying Jayhawks". Someone please help me, and >Go Guard! >>Bone184 Can't help with the B-1's but I never did hear where the B-1's are going. At one time it was a big fight as to whether Bush would get them down in Texas or Daschel would get them in ND or SD. Also,I wonder what their going to do with that special B-1 hangar on the west side of McConnell. That one hangar took a year or more to build and must have cost a dollar or two.David

That hangar will be used for KC-135's, and there will be only two B-1 Bases in the US. Dyess AFB Texas and Ellsworth South Dakota, all of the Bone's at McConnell will go to the Bone yard and be scrapped! That ####### me off!

Be there, how long did he say it would take 6-8 weeks or months.

Guest Wichita

>That hangar will be used for KC-135's, and there will be >only two B-1 Bases in the US. Dyess AFB Texas and Ellsworth >South Dakota, all of the Bone's at McConnell will go to the >Bone yard and be scrapped! That ####### me off!So.. they split the bases up between two guys!!shessh,whatever...I can still remember when the first ones arrived around 1986 or so. People were parking on 47th St. South so much watching them do touch and goes that the Sedgwick Co.Sheriff's office wanted the street closed. Of course it was a knee-jerk reaction and the parking became less as people got used to seeing them. First we lost the F-16's and now this..David

Guest Dominik Mann

Sweet planes :D ! Now where is that timewarp key again? :(