Sign in to follow this  
TerribleAviator

How to prevent FSX redetecting controllers?

Please help me out. This problem gives me a huge headache.I have a FSX setup containing the following:

• Saitek yoke (yoke and throttle)
  • Logitech G940 Flight System (stick, throttle and rudder pedals)
  • A full GoFlight set (radios, several switches and a TQ6 throttle quadrant)

I use the proprietary GoFlight software to configure the controls externally. Therefore i must delete ALL the axis and button assignments within FSX. So far, so good.I have assigned the axis of the Logitech and Saitek units using the built in FSX controls configurations within the FSX settings section. It all works like a charm, BUT... after a while the controller config becomes messed up. It seems - for some reason - FSX redetects the hardware and automatically reassigns some buttons and axis. The most troublesome is the reassigning of the GoFlight throttle quadrant. FSX assigns some levers to ailerons and rudder and i must delete these assignents manually over and over again. Same happens to the Saitek yoke. After a while a button is automatically (re)assigned to the landing gear on the Saitek yoke and this disables my landing gear lever functionality in the GoFlight setup. (looks like GoFlight does not agree with a function being double assigned)I figure it has something to do with the use of several USB hubs (i use lots of hardware peripherals). Maybe the hubs sometimes change the ID's of the ports and FSX 'thinks' there are new devices connected. Does that make any sense?Anyway, here is my question: is there a way to disable (re)detection of controllers and / or reassigning controls? Or... is there a way to make the control config file read only or something? Or can change a setting somewhere so all the assigned controls remain the same?And yes, I have thought of buying FSUIPC and assigning controls through this program. Does FSUIPC overwrite the standard FSX settings? If so, it will probably work. Do I have then manually have to clear all the assignments or does FSUIPC take care of that? In other words: will FSUIPC make my life easy and headache free?So many questions, it drives me nuts. All the input on this is very much appreciated.