Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

What are your favorite "must have" addons?

Hi everyone.. I'm just getting back into MSFS and am really excited about it. I have FS2002 and just got FS2004. I wanted to know what addons you guys would recommend to me. I don't mind paying for a product as long as its top notch quality. I'm actually looking for a package for like an MD-83, 737, or similar aircraft that has everything in it like a real pilot would do. When I sit down at my computer I want to go through all the motions that a real pilot would when they fire up the aircraft from being in a cold/off state. I'd like a package that had all the docs that would teach this stuff to me so I can learn how to use it. :-)I also wanted to know what other addons you might recommend like little utilities, sound packs, or other little things that make the whole flight sim experience seem as real as possible. Utilities are welcome too if they help manage all these addons. Seems like it could get really nuts putting all these files all over the place on your system. I've heard others mention traffic packages to make airports busy as well. What about the little taxi signs?Once I get a good setup that I'm familiar with I'd like to get back on VATSIM and do some flying. :-)Anyways, thanks for any info or tips anyone might have. -Allistah

Guest tgabriel

First of all, welcome back, it is a real "trip" in here.:-lol :-jumpy The last sim I used was the win95 version I think. I really cannot remember but this new stuff is almost beyone belief.:-eek Unlike most people I have seen making comments, I fly mostly vfr low level stuff in my extra special Charles Woods 182 but one utility I would not like to have to do without is fsnavigator http://www.fsnavigator.com/. I use it to find airports ahead of me and track, distance, and time to them. It is mostly useful for setting up flight plans in big iron but for my uses it is a great tool. You get 20 uses for free, then it costs $35.00 to register to be able to continue. I used it twice and registered. It is my first payware addition. Of course, I have more than just a few of the freeware stuff from this site and others but fsnavigator is the best part of the sim to me.Right now I am on a trip from Quebec to Scotland via Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, and then somehow to Scotland. The plane has the range (just!) and is reasonably comfortable and when I have to take a l--k, I just open the door and balance on the strut! I use fsnavigator to find airports, freq info, ndb and vor info, ils stuff, you name it fsnavigator does it. There are also hundreds of .fsn files available that have already set up flight plans for you.I also used it a few days ago to fly to a bunch of backcountry airports in Idaho and it was great for those too.Indispensable...

Guest freequest

Well my favorite in order of prefrance are.Single engine Bill lyons piper cubdreamfleet piper archerdreamfleet c177 (for those long hops)Light TwinFSD Senaca V (I have to fly this at least once a day)All of the areo commanders (freeware)TurbopropsPilatas PC-12 (from Brian Gladden Make sure you pick up the sound pack thats avadable at flightsim.com)Thats my list.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,My votes are for MyTraffic2004, WeatherCenter 2.x, and the PMDG 737TNG.Cheers :)

ACTIVE CAMERA is a MUST have if you fly from the VC at all. free for Fs2002 and payware for FS9, but well worth it!Aircraft - the eaglesoft Bizjets are fantastic payware and highly detailed! Any and all aircraft from FSD (payware), the freeware EC-130 and As365 Dauphin helis, the Gmax Gazelle, the now free offerings, as Ben pointed out, by Bill Lyons, truly great vintage! Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW