Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

New Via Chipset Drivers are out

The VIA 4.49 Drivers are out today.www.viaarena.comWouldn't it be great if they actually helped some of these video issues?

Initial impression here is a pretty decent frame rate increase. I spent a few minutes moving quite a few sliders back to the right. These drivers are advertised to support AGP 3.0, and I've got an NVIDIA 5900FX Ultra(Don't know if this card is 3.0 standard or not.). Just guessing here, but the drivers seem to have helped a good bit. Try'em!

Guest Lobaeux4

Very quickly.I was glancing at the VIA forums, and sounds like a lot of guys were having problems with them, all the way to having to reload WinXP.Any problems?

Are the Via Chipset drivers also suitable for those of us who havew Intel motherboards? (i.e. D845GEBV2)Insight please?Regards, MarceloSantiago, ChilePosted on Thursday, Aug.21, 9:30pm EDT

Guest Stratus_Fractus

No. They are for AMD boards and some Intel ones, but that one doesn't use a VIA chipset.

They are ONLY for motherboards based on chipsets made by VIA! - you will probably hose your OS if you install these on a non-via motherboard. These aren't going to fix graphical glitches, they only help windows to route motherboard/IDE/AGP resources.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest UlfB

Lobaeux,No problems here either with the new VIA drivers./Ulf BWinXPASUS motherboard with VIA KT400 chipsetAthlon XP 2200+1GB RAM (333MHz)GF FX8500 Ultra

I am surprised you got a frame rate increase as an 'offical' post in the VIA forum says that the new 4in1's just add support for Server2003.NET.However, as nothing to do with FS surprises me I'll give them a go, *after* I set a restore point :-)