Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leesw

For those who have not figured it out,

Guest k2kwr

Try setting your CPU to design speed - don't overclock it - and then checkout FS9 using the default settings and see if that improves the operation.I am using an AMD 700 Thunderbird CPU with an ATI 9000 Pro here and I get satisfactory operation. Also my FSB is 100. With an AMD 1800 XP and a good video card you should have very satisfactory results.Don't expect a million dollar simulator performance from a $50 dollar simulation/game. FS9 is a better VFR simultion than most commercial flight simultors which concentrate on IFR and cockpit procedural training.Happy Flyin' - Ken

Guest pilotsim7828

So You figured it out , A Lot of help you are, And wont even share what or how you did itBTW , I am stepping down from this forum, As A lot of help is needed in this forum,A lot of critisizum, Not nearly as much helpThanks

Guest Edam

"How on earth, Does your sim work so perfectly, Have You added on ANY old A/C from 2002?HAI know you`ll Have problems there Are you satisfied with only the defualt aircraft , And that all of the paid aircraft does not find FS9, And some dont work well either."The only time that I have had a crash to the desktop, was when I tried adding a panel from FS2K2 that was not compatible with FS9. I would guess that you added too many things into FS9 from FS2K2 that you expected to work, when that just ain't gonna happen.I think that you answered your own question by stating, "I know you`ll Have problems there."Who's fault is this again? Microsoft, or yours? Too bad that you won't see this since you are "stepping down" from this Forum. (I'm guessing that you really WILL see it though.)

Guest SoarPics

"BTW , I am stepping down from this forum, As A lot of help is needed in this forum,A lot of critisizum, Not nearly as much help"Perhaps this is the best solution for you. You claim there isn't much help here, which only reveals that you haven't done much reading and learning from the wealth of helpful simmers here. You started this thread not seeking help, but merely to bash MS. Most here have grown weary of such antics.For future reference, when you ask for help the best first step is to explain your specific problems and your hardware/software config. People are more than happy to help, but by nature they will largely ignore a post such as what you used to open this thread. Instead of coming across as one who was sincerely interested in fixing your problems, you only succeeded in presenting yourself as a troll. That you handled yourself so badly is your loss, not ours.Good luck,

Pilotsim,I have been using MSFS from the very start. I have watched it develop over a lot of years.FS2004COF on my system is the very best I have EVER used.My FS2K4COF can't be beat, and I know it has more than eye candy.Thanks for the link, because I too will tell MS what a nice job they did. And to boot, when I see them at the AVSIM conference, I am going to tell them again, what a nice job.My 2CentsBob

Guest OneTinSoldier

> Thanks Rockhopper, And Eric J,>I dont think i have a low end system , But maybe those that>have one> May have better luck with FS9>>AMD Athlon XP 1800+ ( clocked 2200+) ESC MOBO K7S5A>768 SDDR memory>Fortissimo III 7.1 Sound Card>ATI Readeon 9000 Pro Vid Card>> May seem to me that It`s the Vid card Doing the crashing,>Thanks >Pilotsim Hi,I'm just wondering. I see that the CPU Speed of your system is 1800 MHz(1.8 GHz). Then you have overclocked it to 2200 MHz(2.2 GHz). Excuse me, but you SHOULD be expecting a CTD when trying to run an very complex piece of software on an overclocked system. Ususally, one of the first things people will ask someone when hearing about someone else having such a problem with a such a piece of software is...Are you overclocking your system?Think about putting the system back to it's normal clock speed and trying again.Sincerely,Jimmy RichardsOne Tin Soldier

Guest OneTinSoldier

Doh!,I just saw Ken's(k2kwr) post about this.For some reason I didn't see it before. So, he(pilotsim7828) had already been told. And then in the following post, he didn't seem to even acknlowedge Ken's suggestion. If you're getting CTD's, it should be considered mandatory to put your system back to it's normal clock speed before expecting any further support.Sorry for posting about something that had already been pointed out.

Guest JonP01

>Doh!,>>I just saw Ken's(k2kwr) post about this.>>For some reason I didn't see it before. So, he(pilotsim7828)>had already been told. And then in the following post, he>didn't seem to even acknlowedge Ken's suggestion. If you're>getting CTD's, it should be considered mandatory to put your>system back to it's normal clock speed before expecting any>further support.>>Sorry for posting about something that had already been>pointed out.Hi Jim,I envy your diplomacy and willingness to help. I long ago gave up attempting to help anyone who overclocks their system.

Bob, give them my regards too when you see them.An email will likely get lost in the big grey archive that's /dev/null with the masses of hatemail they're probably getting at the address...

Looking at some of Jeff's past posts on this forum, he's had computer issues in the past. He even had FS2002 crash to desktop when he first loaded it :-rollJeff, I do hope you get your hardware issues resolved, as well as FS9.Cloud9

Its really strange how some people jump into and create havoc in the forum as soon as somebody says he is having problem with FS9. There is one bug which I know for sure and pretty much verified and accepted:1. With sidewinder force feedback earlier model as soon as you land your frame rates go to 1 fps if FFB is enabled. If you disable FFB everything is fine....if this is not a bug what is?

"Its really strange how some people jump into and create havocin the forum as soon as somebody says he is having problemwith FS9. There is one bug which I know for sure and prettymuch verified and accepted:1. With sidewinder force feedback earlier model as soon as youland your frame rates go to 1 fps if FFB is enabled. If youdisable FFB everything is fine....if this is not a bug whatis?"It's not strange, the topic of this post says nothing about needing help. I have seen a million posts with simmers trying to help those that stated they needed it. There is a differece betweeen assumimng everyone is having the problem you are having and asking for help. It is a safe bet that if the original post had stated something like "here is the link to MS for those of you that are not happy with FS9, so you can let them know" this post would have a lot less replies!For the record, I view a BUG as something a majority of users have, I use the FF sdwr 2 joystick, with FF enabled and have not had a problem with landings, so as much as I would like to help, I am unable because I cannot duplicate the problem on my end, sorry.When I installed FS2002 for the first time after an upgrade it crashed to desktop everytime, I tried all settings, even took it to a tech several times, he had no answer. I was totally frustrated that it would not work, not once did I blame MS for this, so I understand where someone with problems is coimg from.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Leesw

Who lives in a fantasy world where they expect flawless performance out of the box from a software product composed of millions of lines of code that must interface with thousands of different motherboards, CPU chips, OSes, memory configurations, video cards, sound cards, game controllers, etc?FS2004 has bugs and driver compatibility problems. So did FS2002, FS2000 and FS98, and so will FS2006 and FS2008. This is a fact of life with enormously complex low cost software and there is no way around it, SO GET OVER IT. Given time the driver issues will be ironed out and we will learn to fix or work around the other bugs.As to add-on compatibly issues, FS probably has more aftermarket add-ons and more different types of add-ons than any other software product on Earth. This includes aircraft, gauges, scenery, facility data, AI traffic, utilities, FSUIPC etc.It can't be expected that every add-on will work flawlessly with every new release in perpetuity. These problems will also be ironed out in time.Now that it has been established that all new releases will unavoidably have bugs that prevent it from working properly on some people's machines, the question is whether the improvements are worth the $50 (or so) cost.Some people find high value in the improvements and some don't. If not then don't buy FS2004, but don't spend $300 for a new top end video card then come here complaining about spending $50 just to get 'eye candy' improvements in FS2004.