Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Free flight screen landing gear issue, bouncing plane/CTD - fix here! Updated 9/5

Anyone having this issue:Run the config application as administrator by right clicking the shortcut to it and choosing Run as Administrator. We've been able to duplicate the issue here when we fail to run as admin on the config app. The suggestion to run as admin IS mentioned in the manual, page 8.Please run the config app as admin, switch from whatever it's on now to a different option, press Save Configuration, and then set it back to whatever was giving you problems before. It should work correctly now. This is a Windows UAC permissions problem where the config app can't write to the aircraft.cfg file.
This does not fix the issue for me.-Brandon Burkley

Brandon Burkley

Hi RyanI also have always run the config manager as Admin (in fact I run all my applications that way), and also have UAC turned off, and my FSX installation on it’s own drive, and still have the landing gear hanging down at the free flight screen, and when in the sim the aircraft is bouncing around until I use the slew command, but even then if I take the aircraft to altitude and try to retract the gear only the nose gear retracts, the mains stay down and do not cycle, even when I try the gear down and then up several times, I have since uninstalled the LCF and rebooted, but the landing gear issue is still present, any suggestions would be appreciated.In order to get back to a pre LCF set up, would I have to uninstall and then reinstall the 74X and 74X-8i.Just in case it is relevant, my operating system is Vista 64bit.Jim Hodkinson

i found that just selecting the lcf in the config manager and than selecting any version of any freighter works with no problems at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi again RyanI have now got my PMDG installation back to the pre LCF set-up, by uninstalling both the LCF and 8i, as just uninstalling the LCF still left me with the landing gear issue, but uninstalling and re-installing the 8i reconfigured the config manager so that it did not include the LCF (which prior to the 8i uninstall showed the LCF as not present) and now I have no landing gear issues at all, and a fully functioning 8i expansion.I have no idea what the difference is, but before carrying out the above I did manage to find a copy of the aircraft.cfg file that FSFlightKeeper had made, and using all the information from the [General] section onwards stopped the landing gear showing at the selection screen, and caused no bouncing issues when in the sim.So for the moment I will carry on with the 74X set-up that I have now, with just the 8i expansion installed, from my point of view this is not that big of an issue, but I do look forward to any possible work round or fix for the landing gear and bouncing issue.Thanks for taking the time to look into this.Jim Hodkinson

Ok, standby everyone... I need to talk with the author of the config app.The problem absolutely IS the aircraft.cfg not being written to somehow though, we can duplicate the symptoms here if we stop the app from writing to the cfg...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi RyanThank you for the update on the situation, it really is appreciated, I am looking forward to reinstalling the LCF.Jim Hodkinson

Anyone having this issue:Run the config application as administrator by right clicking the shortcut to it and choosing Run as Administrator. We've been able to duplicate the issue here when we fail to run as admin on the config app. The suggestion to run as admin IS mentioned in the manual, page 8.Please run the config app as admin, switch from whatever it's on now to a different option, press Save Configuration, and then set it back to whatever was giving you problems before. It should work correctly now. This is a Windows UAC permissions problem where the config app can't write to the aircraft.cfg file.
Unfortunately this fix does not seem to work for me either? Is there anything else we can try?Barrie Davies

Can you guys actually go right click on your aircraft.cfg file, choose Properties and ensure that it does not have the "Read Only" attribute set?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can you guys actually go right click on your aircraft.cfg file, choose Properties and ensure that it does not have the "Read Only" attribute set?
Read only is NOT selected in the properties of the aircraft config file.Barrie Davies

Ok I need some volunteers - I have a debug version of the config manager app for you to run, this will log any errors with writing to the cfg.Email me at rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com if you'd like to test it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Hi RyanThanks for the ongoing investigations, here is what my little bit of information is.Fresh installation of the LCF expansion, with the 8i config manager set to 400 and 400FRan the config manager as Admin, although I have full access rights and UAC is disabled, and FSX on it’s own drive.Selected the LCF expansion then saved and exited the config manager.Aircraft.cfg file checked and is not marked as Read Only, and when the comfig manager is used the time stamp on the files alters accordingly.Started FSX and selected one of the two LCF models without altering the weights or fuel, which loaded and flew OK.Closed FSX and ran the config manager, again as Admin, then selected the 400F and saved and closed the manager, the time stamp on the aircraft.cfg fle again altered accordingly.Started FSX and selected a 400F model, selection screen showed the main gear down and in the sim the model was bouncing around as before.Closed FSX.Ran the config manager again selecting the LCF, then saved and closed the file, with the aircraft.cfg files time stamp again showing the new time.Started FSX and selected a LCF model, and this time alterd the weights as shown in the manual (just in case it made a difference later) , model ran OK.Closed FSX and ran the config manager to select the 400F, saved and exited and again the time stamp altered accordingly.Started FSX and selected a 400F model in the hope that altering the weights of an LCF model before changing to the 400F would make a difference, unfortunately it did not, the selection screen showed the main gear down, and in the sim the same bouncing.I then did as before and copied and pasted everything from the [General] section on down from a FSFlightKeeper archived copy of the 400F aircraft.cfg file, and then started FSX and selected a 400F and the model at the selection screen had the main gear retracted, and once in the sim worked as advertised.I hope something in the above is of some use.Jim Hodkinson

Jim,Yeah it's not an issue with the weights - some gauge related things aren't being updated in the cfg, that's what's causing the problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I am having this issue. UAC has been disabled since before FSX was even installed. The config tool is updating the cfg file. The station_load titles are being modified and so is the date modified in windows explorer. I had to do the same thing as Jim and copy from [General] on down to restore to a workable cfg file.