Fellow simmers and users of the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system, I am all ears for your enlightenment. What is the deal with the modes on the yoke? When I read about them, I had an idea as to what they might be and now they I have purchased the unit, I'm baffled. Here is what I was hoping it would turn out to be. I want to be able to have Mode 1 as my propellered aircraft configuration. Mode 2 would be for a jet configuration. Mode 3 would be for glider configuration. So Mode 1 would not really need to be configured any differently than default when it comes to the throttle quadrant (throttle, prop pitch, and mixture). Can I set up mode 2 to be thrust, then spoiler, then flaps without having to change the configuration in FSX every time? Or can I just switch my controller to mode 2 and hop in a jet and rock and roll? I'm so confused. Of course the manual, or lack there of, when it comes to the programming software is mostly a joke. If you can understand what's going on there, you deserve some sort of a medal! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing back from your experiences with this. I flip flop between types of aircraft a lot and it is getting old having to change controller assignments for every flight.Marcus

Fellow simmers and users of the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system, I am all ears for your enlightenment. What is the deal with the modes on the yoke? When I read about them, I had an idea as to what they might be and now they I have purchased the unit, I'm baffled. Here is what I was hoping it would turn out to be. I want to be able to have Mode 1 as my propellered aircraft configuration. Mode 2 would be for a jet configuration. Mode 3 would be for glider configuration. So Mode 1 would not really need to be configured any differently than default when it comes to the throttle quadrant (throttle, prop pitch, and mixture). Can I set up mode 2 to be thrust, then spoiler, then flaps without having to change the configuration in FSX every time? Or can I just switch my controller to mode 2 and hop in a jet and rock and roll? I'm so confused. Of course the manual, or lack there of, when it comes to the programming software is mostly a joke. If you can understand what's going on there, you deserve some sort of a medal! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to hearing back from your experiences with this. I flip flop between types of aircraft a lot and it is getting old having to change controller assignments for every flight.Marcus
HelloThen you need to register Fsuipc and use its controller profiles function.This will do exactly what you want, your controls configured for the specific type of aircraft when it is loaded into the simForget about the Saitek drivers and programming software they are not very good.Get Fsuipc is you are serious about setting up different profiles.

I will look into registering FSUIPC then. Would the "Mode" switch then become obsolete? I still don't understand the purpose of the switch if I can't program each mode to do what I want.Marcus

I purchased a FSUIPC registration key and the program does just what I was looking for. It is silly though that I had to fork out even more money, nothing against FSUIPC or the fact that they charge for registration. It's silly because it appears the hardware is set up for it. I just can't figure it out.

I purchased a FSUIPC registration key and the program does just what I was looking for. It is silly though that I had to fork out even more money, nothing against FSUIPC or the fact that they charge for registration. It's silly because it appears the hardware is set up for it. I just can't figure it out.
The mode switch will only become active using the Saitek programming software which if you use, will have issues of its own. It's not silly that you had to spend more money to purchase FSUIPC. The software is designed specifically for Flight Simulator.