Sign in to follow this  
Macsm

Bloom effect info...

Hi, I am really new to this "Bloom effect" thing and was wondering where could I start at when asking questions on problems (or how to properly install it for that matter.)? I have tried installing it as recommended in download, but FS9 refueses to load citing a dirver problem. I own an ATI Radeon HD 4870, not a formula one, but should comply way over minimum recommendations on hardware. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,regards,Macs

HelloYou may be missing 2 dx9 filesd3d9_26.dlld3d9_40.dll

Hi Mac,Dp you have the dll and ini file in the fs9 or fsx root folder?
Rocksteady, I did, they are placed in the right folders. regards,Macs

I too would like to get some info on this....first I've heard of it.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

HelloYou may be missing 2 dx9 filesd3d9_26.dlld3d9_40.dll
Mad Dog, The driver I got from the download package is named "d3d9.dll" , Where can I get the other two you mention? And which one should I install (ATI Radeon HD 4550 Card). Many thanks for your help,regards,Macs

Mac, try an older dll from the site. The newer dll may not work.Jure was kind enough to send me the most recent working dll. PM me and I will pass it along to you.

Mac, try an older dll from the site. The newer dll may not work.Jure was kind enough to send me the most recent working dll. PM me and I will pass it along to you.
Alstiff, Many thanks. The particular problem I am looking at is shown below.EnbSerError.jpgMany thanks again for your help, :smile:regards,Macs

hi Mac,Start with downloading directx 9 from microsoft, then download the enbseries with the d3*.dll date 13-4-2009, put the dll and the ini file in the root folder of youre flightsim.

hi Mac,Start with downloading directx 9 from microsoft, then download the enbseries with the d3*.dll date 13-4-2009, put the dll and the ini file in the root folder of youre flightsim.
Rocksteady, I have ATI catalyst software. Will this conflict with it?regards,Macs

I also have an ATI card, the eah 4850, so that cannot be the problem.Just to be sure, dont copy and past the d3*.dll from youre windows system32 folder, use the one in the enb package.So you have two of the same files, one in the windows\system32 folder and one in youre fs9 root folder or fsx.

I also have an ATI card, the eah 4850, so that cannot be the problem.Just to be sure, dont copy and past the d3*.dll from youre windows system32 folder, use the one in the enb package.So you have two of the same files, one in the windows\system32 folder and one in youre fs9 root folder or fsx.
I have other types of drivers, they are not DirectX, they come from ATI. Any ideas on how I could go around this?Thanks again,regards,Macs

I have other types of drivers, they are not DirectX, they come from ATI. Any ideas on how I could go around this?Thanks again,regards,Macs
No matter if you have nVidia or ATI or whatever gfx card, you NEED to install DirectX.Just go here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5Download it, install it and everything should be fine.

No matter if you have nVidia or ATI or whatever gfx card, you NEED to install DirectX.Just go here: http://www.microsoft...57-5ab8109cb4f5Download it, install it and everything should be fine.
Neumanix, You da man!:( IITWORKS! IT'S ALIVE!!!! It is a very nice effect. Thanks to all again for your help and specially to Neumanix :(.regards,Macs