Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

weather update, how to smooth it ?

Hello,Using FS real weather or FSmeteo, when something change in weather or I fly to a new area I can see the weather quickly changing, so some clouds disappears, other clouds just pop-up, the visibility changes fast, etc.Is there a way to get slow transitions, so the weather could change like the real life ? I understand this should be a default feature in FS2004 weather.Thanks,Ulisses

not really yet...I usually use FSMeteo but right now it makes the smoothness and transition problem in FS2004 worse...they are working on it. regards,

Thanks,Even with default FS2004 live weather I don't get smooth transitions.Ulisses

Guest SoarPics

Hmmm... I do. Wonder what's going on with that? You might want to check your sim config... though I didn't do anything special to mine.I also have FSMeteo, but the transitions are far from smooth with it (I've heard much the same about the current Active Sky). No doubt the developers of these two add-ons will get things squared away for FS9, but til then I'm sticking with the FS/Jep weather. It's late, but at least the transitions are smooth.

ON THE WEATHER SCREEN YOU'LL SEE A SLIDER CALLED"RATE OF CHANGE" USE THE SLIDER TO CHANGE THE SPEED OF WEATHER CHANGES.DAVE FISHERCYYZ

Guest Stephan

this doesnt steer the transitions from one area to another nor from one metar cycle to the next.Even FS9's internal 15 minutes updates arent smooth.Stephan

Guest in_04

Hi,after some testing with my own weather program, I think there is currently no workaround. The problem is the dynamic weather engine of FS2004. It change the weather when you fly. If then there comes an update for the station the new weather didn't match the current weather and so the new weather pop in.Another problem is that even without dynamic weather to smooth the switch from 8/8 at 1000ft cloud coverage to 4/8 at 2500ft you must update the station several times to make a smooth transition.So lets say you make the transition like8/8@1300ft7/8@1600ft6/8@1900ft5/8@2200ft4/8@2500ftthe question is still open at which time frame you will do this? In one hour (normal the METAR reports are updated every hour) or in 30 minutes? Also currently there is a problem with the weather update in FS2004. Every visual update give you a frame hit. So if you update the stations around youre plane in a radius of 100 miles you must update sometimes more than 100 station. So if you update 100 stations with, let say 5 transitions, you got 500 frame drops in the hour. So you will have a frame rate drop every 7.2 seconds :-( Hope you see the problems now. Currently there is no real solution for the problem.Right now there is no "perfect" weather program out there, and I guess it would take several month before we see one.ByeMarkus

Ok,So dynamic weather but no smooth transition when weather changes.Maybe FSUIPC can help in the transitions.Ulisses