Sign in to follow this  

FPS Drops on Final Approach

Guest byoung

About 2 Miles out on Final getting close to the threashold, my FPS drops by about 50%...I have the FS Genesis Landclass installed.. Could this be chewing up FPS??Thanks!Barry

Guest product

Try turning off ground shadows- works for many people, even with high end machines. Shadows really kill FPS.Joel

Barry, I have the same, but much worse problem: On final approach, my video seems to freeze - goes to 1 frame every minute if I'm lucky. The sound continues but the video grinds to a complete halt. I was reading over at flightsim.com's FS2004 forum that 3rd party landclass scenery could cause a big problem. I'm going to reinstall FS9 tonight and try it without the landclass and see what happens.Steve Lewis, aka Controller #12 for Radar Contact

Guest Eric

Hi, I do not have any kind of these problem when turning the shadows to off. My system is similar to Steve, no freeze, no lockup at all, smooth Fs2004 run great!. I don`t use landclass and mesh, I am running Windows XP.BestEric

disable force feedback from within the sim if you have MS sidewinder FFB..everything will be fine