Sign in to follow this  
Fede

Weather radar and window control errors

This really is a newbie question, but what the heck. I have purchased the GNS430 from Reality XP. How do I get it into the VC panel? I can currently only see it as a 2D pop down. Thanks!
Ah, I got it. Instructions that come with the package are pretty light. A product by experts for experts, I gather.

Ah, I got it. Instructions that come with the package are pretty light. A product by experts for experts, I gather.
I used FS Panel Studio to swap the Carenado GNS 430 with the one from Reality XP, but a text editor can be used too. Do you have it working now?

I used FS Panel Studio to swap the Carenado GNS 430 with the one from Reality XP, but a text editor can be used too. Do you have it working now?
Yes, thanks. I used notepad, opened the existing panel file, and then in the two places I saw "Carenado GNS xxx" I replaced that text with the Reality XP equivalent, which I found in the documentation. SInce the gauges are the same size it just dropped right in.

Guest 413X3
It can be done:As Carenado suggested, minimize the original radar gauge but leave it in the panel.I prefer the bezel on the Carenado gauge, though. Maybe it is possible to have the Carenado gauge in the panel in the original size, and use the RXP radar without the bezel like it is done on the JS4100.
Can you tell me how to do this? I really want the wx500 in this. Thanks

Can you tell me how to do this? I really want the wx500 in this. Thanks
These are the relevant lines from the Vcockpit04 section in the panel.cfg:gauge05=WX_Gauge!WXGauge, 154,116,1...gauge08=rxpWX500!RDR, 154,116,360,228

I´m getting CTD´s while using wx radar. Anyone got this too?

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics