Sign in to follow this  
Rainbowtide

MD-11 Win7 64bit - AP off-track and LLZ is not properly centered

aloha allmy first post in this forum - that i have been searching and reading for a while.thank you all for good inputs and solutions to run this magnificient a/c well!i recently purchased a new pc with win7 64bit installed, mainly in order to get better fps and being able to use more than 4gb ram (as opposed to the limitation of winxp 32bit).i ran both versions of md-11 on fsx and fs9 (especially because of more sceneries, afcads availabitlity) on winxp with no complaints at all. works perfectly well together with active sky evolution and the many add-ons (airports and sceneries).now that i installed both versions on the new pc i have an issue with fs9 version (note: i reported this to pmdg and got only 1 response that it might be a missing reg entry in the win7).the issue is best described as follows:for any unknown reasons the md-11 autopilot will not properly keep track of the flightplan. it veers off to either left or right by 0.2 up to 0.8 nm and stays that way. even if i enter a direct to! it does change track or bearing but will correct itself to the offtrack course - and remain that way.what is more bothersome is the real issue when approaching an airport with ils!it initially intercepts the LLZ but then misses to properly remain centered on the localizer (same effect as enroute). the result is that the plane touches down way off centerline and will only 'align' after nose gear touch down.i checked all settings, wind corrections, fsuipc settings et all - in vein.does anybody has an idea what the culprit might be? or how to solve this issue? i would greatly appreciate it - thank you plenty in advance.ps: the frame rate on this i7, 9gb ram win7 64bit are through the roof :) were it not for above mentioned, really annoying issue.pps: graphic card is nvidia gtx260, with nhancer and evga - not overclocked.with regards and always 3 greensmarc, kona hawaii

There could be a problem in your PC registry. Download this file from Flight 1 http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library and run it as administrator. This might help.Michael CubineEDIT: I don't know why but I can't get the link to work. Type it in your address bar or search.

EDIT: this whole thing is screwed up. When I can get on my other PC where the file is, I will try to send it to you.

newbie thanks :)however, that was already suggested by pmdg support.here is the catch:i have both fs9 and fsx installed on a second harddrive (as suggested by many - especially this knowledgable guy nickS).it is very fast second hdd - at 10k rpmso you wont find the reg entry for either fs9 nor fsx in the typcial c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\microsoft games folder -the entries by default will be under users\your username\appdata(and application data - both!)\microsoft\fsx (however the fs9 seems to be missing there).therefore i added the folder and the string in win7 registry manually.running the reg fix that you suggest will run through (doing all the steps - pointing to the fsnn.exe, etc) and end up by telling me that the registry has been fixed.when you go back to into regedit and you check the HKLM - it wont be there.here again the entries will be found under HKCU (CURRENT USERS).suspiscous as i am , i made the 'missing' HKLM entries manually - but that, too, did not solve my above mentioned issue.i am at a loss here :)help still appreciated - thanks plentymarc

correction to my above statement:ran the fs_registry_fix.exe againentries are to be found under HKLM - HOWEVER not under microsoft\microsoft gamesthere are only a few entries for fs9and a lot for fsxthey are amongst others: hklm\software\classes\microsoft.microsoftFlightSimulator.9and in this string:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameUX\S-1-5-21-3065979085-100634845-3081742673-1001\{437D2188-3072-4ED7-928B-8A5202FD48E0}]"ConfigInstallType"="3""ConfigApplicationPath"="E:\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9""ConfigGDFBinaryPath"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\GameUXLegacyGDFs.dll""ApplicationId"="{d6ad5ee7-102d-43fa-ab5f-dc58608ada7b}""Description"="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight""AppExePath"="E:\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9\\fs9.exe""LastScanTime"=hex(:(:31,bf,94,54,d6,2f,cb,01"Genre"="Simulation""DeveloperName"="Microsoft Corporation""PublisherName"="Microsoft Game Studios""ReleaseCountry"="United States""Title"="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight""WMGameId"="6bd1b51e-0304-4bb7-bc3e-f1c8535fa3f8""DeveloperUrl"="http://www.microsoft.com:80/""PublisherUrl"="http://www.microsoft.com:80/games/home/""BoxArt"="http://images.metaservices.microsoft.com:80/games/prod//AMG_CoverArt/drg100/g165/g16537zl7u7.jpg""ReleaseDate"="2003-07-29""TimeToRefreshBasicData"=hex(:(:bd,a8,12,f5,64,47,cb,01"TimeToRefreshBoxArt"=hex(:(:a7,bb,6a,f5,64,47,cb,01now having checked this - i am still having those weird autopilot effects - any other suggestions?paul gollnick, very friendly and helpful, has not yet replied to my last feedback - its been almost a week now...???marc

That repair file was the one thing that came to mind. Since that does not work I am stumped.Michael Cubine

additional info:lets assume i am flying from vor to vor with fmc programmed - the md-11 DELIBERATELY veers off track to maintain 0.5nm offtrack.i would then reinsert direct to that vor - now, rather than keeping the track to - it makes the correction to the left, in order to have again the 0.5nm offset track.this is truly an enigma - reinstalled the fs9 md-11 - same result.checked the pos ref in reference to the pos indicated in fs - it corresonds perfectly well.the only thing that comes to mind now is to disable global 2010 and see what happens. this is too weird, because it works fine on the winxp 32bit machine (same configuration).as a further measure i shall reinstall fs9, as follows:it is a well known fact that uninstalling/reinstalling fsx on the same os together with fs9 WILL SCREW UP the registry entries of FS9!in order to have a quick fix for that:- do not uninstall fs9- rename your folder flightsimulator 9 - rename the the folder fs9 under users/yourusername\application\flight simulator 9 (or fs9?)- do the same under users\yourusername\app\roaming....now make a new installation of fs9 but only the minimal installation.when donerun fs9 once to create the folders containing fs9.cfg etcclose fs9now delete the new foldersand rename the backuped folders back to their original names. et prestothe result is that the re-installation restores all the necessary registry files :)sorry for this post - its not necessarily pmdg related, i know - but i think its a valuable hint for those having issues with fs9 installations.if this fails as well (in my pmdg md-11 fs9 case mentioned above) i shall have no other option but totally reinstall fs9 with all add-ons and take it from there....what a pain.any hint or suggestion is appreciated and will safe me time and further aggravation - thanks.marc

Hi Marc, I can't see anything, but yes there is a known issue that I heard from the moderators about FS9 unisnstall screwing up the registry when both FSX and FS9 are installed.The Flight1 repair tool is meant to fix the issue where the aircraft does as you mentioned, where it will fly to the left or right of the track and remain there. This shouldn't be confused with the other issue where it will just keep turning trying to stay on track, where it flies a right turn, passes the track, then left turn, passes the track, repeat, repeat, etc... That is a different issue.I have posted back and forth with Ryan a while back in another topic where I was just about to get FS9 and I believe the questions asked were "Is there anyway to repair the now destroyed registry", there was no way any of us could figure out since there was no way to compare. I can't find the topic but I think Ryan would know better of the post.The only way I can think of to help fix the issue would have been if you had a backup of your registry before it became an issue. You could try running a windows restore if you have it turned on.If it comes down to it and if you have to do a full reinstall and (one more if) if that doesn't correct the problem (it may not unless you do as you mentioned above) then the only other option I could think of is reinstalling windows :( Hopefully it won't come to that though.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

aloha Danyou saved my day and many, many hours reinstalling :) i owe one, for sureit is now very obvious, that your great experience in installing, tweaking and troubleshooting has no price tag - a real connoisseur du metier - and you are good at it.come one over to hawaii for a scuba - and email me prior!the hint with the screwed up registry triggered it.i found an old image of the c: drive and backed this one up - left the other drive, where fs9 and fsx is installed, as it was.and it worked :)a big thumbs up, dan!the fmc now keeps perfectly well track and so does the localizer and glidepath.it is probably totally useless to go back and try to figure out what caused the issue, in first place.and on a side note: it does not only help to improve performance, shortens the defrag time when installing msfs on a different drive - but it helps to trouble shoot instances like mine.i am very grateful - and thanks to all who contributed.kudos and 5^marc

Hi Marc, I can't see anything, but yes there is a known issue that I heard from the moderators about FS9 unisnstall screwing up the registry when both FSX and FS9 are installed.The Flight1 repair tool is meant to fix the issue where the aircraft does as you mentioned, where it will fly to the left or right of the track and remain there. This shouldn't be confused with the other issue where it will just keep turning trying to stay on track, where it flies a right turn, passes the track, then left turn, passes the track, repeat, repeat, etc... That is a different issue.I have posted back and forth with Ryan a while back in another topic where I was just about to get FS9 and I believe the questions asked were "Is there anyway to repair the now destroyed registry", there was no way any of us could figure out since there was no way to compare. I can't find the topic but I think Ryan would know better of the post.The only way I can think of to help fix the issue would have been if you had a backup of your registry before it became an issue. You could try running a windows restore if you have it turned on.If it comes down to it and if you have to do a full reinstall and (one more if) if that doesn't correct the problem (it may not unless you do as you mentioned above) then the only other option I could think of is reinstalling windows :( Hopefully it won't come to that though.

That's great news Marc, Glad you're up and running again (ok flying :(). Yes, installing on a second drive other than C:\ is indeed ideal, especially for the faster defrag, hehe. If I can ever afford it I will definitely take you up on the scuba trip, lately I'm so broke that if it took a quarter to go around the world, I couldn't get out of site :)Good luck and hope it all stays smooth :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier