Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

iFly 737 released!

Why would you want an FSX version of this model when you have the outstanding PMDG project coming out?
For the same reason I bought the Ariane 737 (both FS9 and FSX), and the Aerosim 737, the Wilco PIC 737, the PMDG FS9 737, and I got the Tin Mouse 737, etc LOLI like the 737, and I will cheerfully buy any half decent shot at one, but of the two for FSX and FS9 from I-Fly, I understand the FSX version will have more features enabled on it. My Ariane 737s for FSX will not gather dust when the PMDG FSX 737 comes out, since it will still have the merit of getting very spiffy frame rates in FSX, and although I suspect the PMDG FSX 737 will be okay on that score, I think they'd have to pull a miracle out of the bag to get it running at higher FPS than the Ariane one, since it will have to run more systems and background routines for its various whistles and bells.In a similar fashion, I suspect the PMDG and the I-Fly 737s will have their own merits, so it will not be a truly duplicated purchase if buying them both. Moreover, I will also happily support I-Fly in buying their product, since the more developers one supports, the better it is all round. Spread the love, as it were.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Moreover, I will also happily support I-Fly in buying their product, since the more developers one supports, the better it is all round. Spread the love, as it were.Al
I can't argue here... :( I'd love to see the FS9 sales numbers on this project.According to PMDG, Caranado, McPhat, Aerosoft, and others no one is going to buy this thing and for the 5 that do will pirate it out for others to download for free. They may make $300 in profit and that's pushing it... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've just finished a flight with it,will definately park the PMDG 737 now.It seems like a great plane,flies nice and if you are used to the PMDG 737you'll have zero trouble with this one,although this is more indepth,it still is a 737 and as there's a lot of those around for simmers we all know how they work.There are some minor bugs and the navdata isn't really up to it yet (no TP's)The strobes and steady switch makes the nav light burn steady,and vv so that ought to be rectified,and I am not getting used to the fact there is a VC in the craft as I don't want it there,also the panel navigating window thing is kinda weird but I'll get used to it.Other then that it is a hoot.It sounds right,flies right and performs well even on my old AMD 3800 with a GF6600.I don't have to skimp on settings and still get decent performance,even in the VC which I never use.So that's a surprise but a pleasant one.I am keeping it,I've wished for a 737 like this all my FS9 life and thus FS9 lives on.Hope they'll do even better when the servicepack comes,but for nowin my book this is a flight1 release as to be expected : no major bugs,no major problems,and great support.So,there ya have it.We got us a great NG with all the bells and whistles,and I am one happy bloke right now,I can tell ya that.Thank you Ifly team and Flight1 for granting me my wish.Now to peruse the paintkit,there has to go some paint on that thing.JP.

Got it, seems very good :)Flight characteristics seem very nice, pretty good AP.There are a few bugs but nothing close to show stoppers that I found in limited testing. One big annoyance is a large amount of thrust for taxing is required, which I hope they will sort out. On the other hand, braking seems good, not too strong like other FS aircraft. you need to plan deceleration well, especially when pulling into the gate.Another feature, if simulated, seems very good. A few folks are having trouble engaging the Autopilot. I had no such issue as my aircraft was in trim before engaging the AP. It looks like people are having this issue due to non calibration of their joysticks or out of trim situation. I think if you have it properly calibrated and the AP is not engaging, check your trimmed properly before pressing CMD A or B. In the real aircraft also, the AP will not engage in an out of trim condition.Fantastic frames and very good looking model. It definitely seems like a keeper once the service pack(s) come out. I would say almost as good as PMDG, but maybe lacking a bit of polish around the edges, if you know what I mean.I suggest everyone try it and be patient. If you dont like it you always have the Flight1 30 day money back windowCheers,Dinshaw.

Guest belga1

Hello,From a french forum .. from a (like) dissapointed french customer :( Google translation:

the battery is discharged or when the APU is one bus or the GPU is one bus, you still have not déconner.un service pack to correct it?!TR3 which shows 0 volts while the two AC buses are powered transfer and ..... without seeing the TR unit lights??the alternate flaps switch that comes and goes all the flaps the speed of lightning??? note is already well on the PMDG was not even simulated!sounds at the start motor, catastrophe! I could go on and betterThere are good things, but the most basic things are done poorly, the captain sim wilco or spit while I'm bummed, 44 euros! I hope that NGX will really measure up!
Original:
la batterie qui se décharge alors que soit l'APU est on BUS soit le GPU est on BUS,faut quand même pas déconner.un service pack pour corriger?!TR3 qui affiche 0 volt alors que les 2 AC transfer bus sont alimentées et..... sans que le voyant TR unit s'allume??le switch alternate flaps qui sort et rentre tous les volets a la vitesse de l'eclair??? remarque c'est déjà bien sur le pmdg c'était même pas simulé!les sons lors de la mise en route moteur , catastrophe! j'en passe et des meilleursIl y a des choses bonnes, mais les choses les plus basiques sont mal faite, du wilco ou captain sim tout craché je suis dégouté, 44 euros! j'espère que le NGX sera vraiment à la hauteur!
Regards.bye.gifGus.

Just got it. Took it for a quick spin around Lihue just to see how it flies and I must say I'm impressed most of all with the FDE. Not too fond of the BBJ models without stairs but maybe I just need to read the manual. The sounds most likely I'll replace when the patches are all out and the development is fully done. The VC cockpit sounds are too loud. When sitting in the cockpit it's quieter than that. If I could give a good example of an improper sound set is when you can hear the flaps move on the wings from within the VC. That's a tell tell sign someone wasn't thinking and/or doing a 'lite' versus hardcore effort in the sounds department. A click sound is all you need to hear from the flap lever. The VC is well done although you can't activate the AP from there. You have to press it once on the 2D panel then it works in the VC. I don't like the lack of ability to scroll the switches left or right via the mouse wheel. You have to click plus or minus click spots for many of the switches to work the Autopilot panel being the exception. Another thing on my list thus far is the speed brake handle can't be adjusted in the VC, I really hope to see that fixed.Other than that this is a great effort. I can't wait for the repaints because I need as many Southwest Variants as I can get. I'd also like to see Sun Country, Airtran, American, and some BBJ variants. Guys this one lived up to the hype. Once all the kinks are worked out we have our alternative to PMDG bailing on us...On a last note I was worried about how the VC would look at night with that red dome light. I can report the VC looks great at night but there is some anomaly at dusk around the side windows.Does anyone know where the support forum is for this add-on?

FS2020 

I just flew the second flight and watched the friggin thing flya perfect DME arc.Couldn't have done it better myself,stayed on the arc within +/- 0,01 nm .I am really happy with this thing,it flies great,really does.

Does anyone know where the support forum is for this add-on?
iFly supportAll in all, a job well done. Like most have said, there are some minor things that need to be ironed out. A couple that I noticed in my 5 minutes of tinkering: The autobrake needs to be disarmed manually. It does not automatically disarm when you hit the brakes. The wing inspection and runway turnoff lights aren't simulated (not a biggie for me since I will just add them my self.) ActiveCamera doesn't work with it. The sound set. This is a big one, and I am very disappointed with the quality...or lack thereof. In this day and age, a custom, quality sound set is expected with a payware aircraft. Qualitywings, AirSimmer, and PMDG all have amazing soundsets with their addons, and at $54.95, iFly severely failed in this department. The sound set isn't at all hard to swap out, but it's the principle that there are freeware sound sets that sound better than the one provided.All in all, it is worth the money.

ActiveCamera doesn't work with it.
Actually, it does work with it... there's an easy fix... just go into the panel.CFG files and comment out all of the lines that start with zorder= just use Notepad and do a find and replace of zorder= with //zorder=Active camera works like a charm!!

hey guys great reviews. I see more things reported here than on the flight1 support forum. I suggest we all do that. I just hope that all these reports get through to the chinese developers so they can address them. As far as I know they are on the ball with this product. They just need to hear about the (minor) issues. I'm downloading now...

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Is it possible to save a flight? For a number of reasons, primarily family health issues, often times I need to come back to flight to complete it. Tom

Is it possible to save a flight? For a number of reasons, primarily family health issues, often times I need to come back to flight to complete it. Tom
There's a config that you can access within FS9 for iFly that seems to have this option. Just hit 'Alt' when within the sim and find iFly, from there you should be able to find what you need. I'm not at home so I don't know what the menu is exactly called.

FS2020 

The menu is indeed called iFLY but only active if you select the Ifly craft.I hope they'll grant us wingview models without VC though,that would make the performance on my pc even better.Still,I have waited with baited breath but boy did they deliver,I'm still gobsmacked.Level D couldn't have done it better.JP.