Sign in to follow this  
Guest FOOCB

Need advice on PMDG 747-400

Guest FOOCB

HI, can anyone help me?I am interested in getting the 747-400 Queen of the Skies ( for FS2004 ) or 747-400 Version X ( FSX ). I would like to know the differences and does it mean that i only got to buy any of the software i mention and i can start using it or do i still need to buy FS 2004 or FSX. If so where can i buy them or where can i download for free? Cause i also dont known whether my computer can support? But if anyone can send me the 747-400 Version X or 747-400 Queen of the skies free download , i am most appreciated. And if i buy online , how long i need to get the product? Will i get it immediately online or through letterbox mailing? Thanks

HI, can anyone help me?I am interested in getting the 747-400 Queen of the Skies ( for FS2004 ) or 747-400 Version X ( FSX ). I would like to know the differences and does it mean that i only got to buy any of the software i mention and i can start using it or do i still need to buy FS 2004 or FSX. If so where can i buy them or where can i download for free? Cause i also dont known whether my computer can support? But if anyone can send me the 747-400 Version X or 747-400 Queen of the skies free download , i am most appreciated. And if i buy online , how long i need to get the product? Will i get it immediately online or through letterbox mailing? Thanks
you dont have fs2004 or fsx?if not, you need to get either one of those first. those pmdg planes are add-ons. means you have to have the sim.

If you don't have any version of Flight Simulator installed, I'd suggest getting them way before you start dabbling with a high fidelity addon like the PMDG B744. Combining the two as a first time experience is not something I would want to wish upon anyone. It will be weeks before you leave the ground and you'll be angry and frustrated and old and grey.Pick up a copy of FS9/FSX and just start playing with it for a few weeks first, trust me! It may well take a couple of weeks just to get the base installation running smoothly on your system. Such is the nature of this beast, and knowing the basics is pretty essential before you start wading through the PMDG 747 manuals.You can't just turn it on and go flying. There's ground school first :) I've been flying the thing for years and I'm still learning the finer points.

It's simple, if your computer is more than 3 years old go to Amazon, buy a copy of FS9, install Service Pack 1, and FSUIPC (you'll need to this for any add-on aircraft). Next goto PMDG's site and get the FS9 version of the 744.If your computer is less than '4 months' old with 4gigs of ram and a 1gig video card using Windows 7 (scratch that, nothing less than an i7 machine), goto Amazon and buy FSX (install SP1 and SP2) and do what I said above.It's all about getting the best bang for your buck. You don't want a slide show with this outstanding add-on.If your getting FS9 you need to upgrade the environment for this great add-on to fly in. Criticle additions to FS9 are as follows:1. Flight1's Ground Environment (fully patched)2. REX for FS9 - cloud and sky textures (forget about weather generation only sky textures)3. Activesky Evolution (real weather generation)4. Zinertek's Water (realistic water look and effect)5. Zinertek's Airport environment (to update all the buildings in FS9 to look more realistic)6. When you get around to it get 'Bloom'. When you get to this point come back and ask, we'll help you out here.7. There's a program on SimMarket that updateds the trees in FS9 which you'll need but I don't have the name of the program on hand right now.You have to get the sim looking right to really enjoy it and the PMDG 744. Those FSX shots are tempting but 90% of what you see there can be had in FS9 with triple the performance if your on a budget.From there you can move forward as you'll find every major international airport/location in the world done for FS9. All but one airliner is done in FS9 to great detail (we have no 717 of any meaningful representation in any version of FS). GA is great, you'll find out more on this as you look around and ask. There's a vibrant market for FS9 10 times over what you'll get for FSX. So getting nice free scenery for international locations won't be a problem again if money is not a premium in your life. There you have it. Both FS9 and FSX have their unique benefits for the 744 but understand you go with FSX on a system more than a couple years old you'll leave the hobby. We would like you to stay around a bit...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2