Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

What are a few add-ons you'd suggest for FS2004, (that I can purchase)?

First I'd like to thank you for responding here I'm a total newbie to MS FS, although an old hat when it comes to flight simulators.I'm looking for some add-ons to purchase for MS FS2004 that people highly recommend. I've been to justflight's website and one of the add-ons I was looking at was the traffic one.

This is a very personal decision and really depends on what kind of flying you do.I enjoy flying commercial jets and fly for a VA and fly on Vatsim. if I enjoyed bush flying my choices would be differenet I guess.But for what it's worth my own personal selection would beFSNav for me the best flight planner/moving map, just wish it could moved out of FSAdd-on airports that I use a lotFS Meteo or ActiveSky for real World weatherNever liked the built-in weather in FS2k2 but I understand FS9's is better.Add-on aircraft They are more 'immersive'FSUIPC for all it offers, plus I need it to run 2PCs.HTH

Guest UweR

Hi, my favourites are...- www.reality-xp.com offers state of the art avionics- www.fsmeteo.com offers a good real world weather program- www.flight1.com offers a great Piper Meridian(not yet compatible with FS2004)- www.dreamfleet2000.com offers the best panel artwork (C310, C177, PA-28)- www.mytraffic2004.com offers a good ai traffic program- www.precisionmanuals.com offers a very good B737NG- www.fsbuild.com offers a great flight plannerThe list of worthwhile freeware is endless, this one is madatory- http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html offers a great Mitchell B-25 (freeware must-have)

It depends on the kind of planes you like to fly.. if you like GA aircraft, I would recommend the RealAir SF260 at www.realairsimulations.com and the Dreamfleet C310, Cadinal or Archer at www.dreamfleet2000.comThe PMDG 737NG is the newest and best airliner, complete with fully integrated flight management computer (FMC)..Any of these could become your favorite aircraft, and you will never again settle for the default planes!My current favorite: the Archer.. easy to fly, great view from the landing panel config, easy on the frame rates...

Bert

PMDG is a good one. I would also wait for phoenix simulations to upgrade their A320 & Dash-8 to FS9. CAN'T WAIT!www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk

Guest cw1011

I'll chime in on the Dreamfleet c310. Great airplane, love the old style panel. Tons of fun. Colin

Guest Speedbird1

Most of the FS2002 quality addons are in process of being patched or fixed for FS2004, but I would also recommend the PSS range of products, especially the Airbus. :-cool

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I like all these folks suggestions. Great ones! Uwer listed pretty much my most favorite ones. :) I just wanted to say that my favorite Weather program though is WeatherCenter. It's at...http://www.simulationwidgets.com/Little post I made about it and Screenshots are here...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=137221http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...4&mesg_id=76644Please post a little comment if you have a look at the screenshots I made.Cheers,Jim Richards

Guest Jim Strenk

I would suggest waiting for short while in purchasing add-ons. Some of the more popular add-ons may require the use of FS2004 SDK's which are not presently available. There will also be a bit of a time lag in which developers will be learning the ins and outs of new file types, specifications and other errata that went into the developement of FS2004. You'll also have a longer list of choices for particular situations such as real-time weather, flight planning and such.If you haven't tried it yet, I think you'll really enjoy the improvements made with FS2004. Much better weather, more realistic ATC, published approaches using the Garmin 500 GPS unit, are some of the more dramatic improvements to this very popular flight simulation program.I would guess that by mid October, 3rd party add-ons that uses expect to see and use will be available.Just my $.02, now leaving the soapbox.

Guest JeanLuc_

Speaking of FS2004 updates for very popular FS2002 add-ons, I just wanted to add that the Reality XP Flight Line 530XP Garmin is now released in v2.0 for FS2004! All the features of FS2002, including the TCAS are available (no need for FSUIPC), and there are even new features!Here is a sample of the Reality XP website:Flight Line 530XP v2.0 now offers cross-GPS functions with the default Flight Simulator 2004 GPS500. With a redesigned GPSS system, you can export the active route from the 530XP to the GPS500, save it to a flight plan file, and switch from one device or the other as the primary GPS navigation source whenever you want and in real time, while keeping your autopilot in NAV mode!in addition, with its newly designed graphic engine and Garmin Trainer engine, the new Flight Line 530XP does not have any performance impact on most systems! (as compared to previous versions)With the addition of interactive virtual cockpits, you can now control all the 530XP functions directly from the 3D view!

Guest SteveJ

Although I spend a lot of time in the DF Archer and am eagerly awaiting patches for Ultimate Traffic, DF Cardinal and the Flt1 Meridian, I would recommend spending more time initially with the default planes and features of fs9(even the lessons and learning about the new default GPS, etc). My recommendations for your first add-ons during this time would be improved mesh and landclass. I have really enjoyed the FSGenesis 38m mesh for the east and west coasts, and am using their free beta U.S. landclass. I enjoy detailed scenery and these add-ons have really helped me enjoy fs9 even more. In fact I would rate these addons at the top, even before my payware aircraft adds.Along that line, if you enjoy VRF flights, I would recommend the new MegaScenery So California....it's expensive, but coupled with all of the charts, an amazing product that will take me weeks to explore.Have fun! Steve J.

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Speaking of FS2004 updates for very popular FS2002 add-ons, I>just wanted to add that the Reality XP Flight Line 530XP>Garmin is now released in v2.0 for FS2004! All the features of>FS2002, including the TCAS are available (no need for FSUIPC),>and there are even new features!>Hi,Jean Luc, thanks for letting us know! You folks at RealityXP make one of the best addons with the 530XP. :) TCAS included and new features now, oh my! What will you guys be working up for us next?Thanks Again, :-waveJimmy RichardsOne Tin SoldierEDIT: I don't see a link to download the 2.0 version for FS2004. Is it added to the Updates page yet? Well, I just went ahead and went to your forum and found the post(by you) at the very top of the RealityXP section has the link for it so I used that.