Sign in to follow this  
Guest alptosun

B747 VC

Guest alptosun

Hi everyoneI would like to know if there is a way to remove the VC from B747ThanksAlp Tosun

Hello Alp,My simple suggestion would be to go into the aircraft.cfg file, find the specific [fltsim] section and remove the "vc" from "panel=". I think this will revert to 2D, but I haven't tried it.Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hello Alf, What Mark said I think should work if your trying to start in the 2D. If this was the case you could always just set the option in FSX to start in 2D instead of VC and that would work too.There really isn't any benifit in removing the VC. Although maybe you have a problem with once you go into VC your fps drops and doesn't recover.I am limited to the number of buttons I use so only have two view buttons mapped. One is for changing view category and the other for sub category. Because of this I have to scroll through the entire list of views to get back to where I was, or of course use the keyboard shorts.There are various sections in the Aircraft.cfg "[CameraDefinition.x]" that can just be deleted and that will disable the choices if that's what you want, but I think the 747 is hard coded (actually I think they all are since some things are mapped to its windows regardless, but could be wrong). In the MD-11 I removed several of the Camera Definitions since I never use those views and am only in VC.Also, make sure you do exactly as Mark wrote and don't mistake that as going into the Panel.cfg. That can cause you a lot of headaches and things won't work correctly if at all.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi everyoneI would like to know if there is a way to remove the VC from B747ThanksAlp Tosun
Well, I think that option is in the PMDG menu in the upper bar. I don't have a VC in my 744 as I only fly with the 2D panel.Quite simple.

You can turn VC off through the 747 fuel loader.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Guest 413X3

go to the model folder and remove the line in the model.cfg file, open it with notepad. be sure to make a copy of the file first!

As I said before:PMDG menu barGENERALMODELMODEL OPTIONSSHOW VC = tick/untickThat's it.