Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Arnaud7517

Bug on the Navigation Display

Guest Arnaud7517

Hi everyone!I need your help today as I experience a bug on PMDG747 and I was not able to fix it.While flying over the indian ocean and some other part of the world, the VOR arrow disagree with the symbol generator on the ND.As it is not easy to explain it in english for me I just post you a picture:http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2849/bugpmdg.jpgIn the present case, I fly inbound MG with MG selected on VOR1. And there is a 10 degrees difference between the direction showed by the arrow and the direct route to MG showed by the ND. Actually, the arrow is right and the ND wrong because if I follow the first, I'll fly straight to MG and if I follow the second, the plane will fly a kind of curve to MG. To conclude, there seems to be a kind of 10 degree rotation of all the symbols showed on the ND and I'm desperate with that situation!Hope you will be able to help!thanks very much for reading me

Looking at your PFD,ND AND MCP it doesn't seem like you have correctly programmed the FMC. Was the IRS properly aligned? Cant remeber if Map shift was simulated on the 744 but if you dont align the aircraft correctly the map display will be wrong

Guest Arnaud7517

HI rjprestThanks for answering that quickly!You're right, the FMC was not programmed for this flight as I was just performing it to get a screenshot that could help me to explain my problem.But the problem remain the same with an FMC programmed. Imagine that the white line representing the magnetic route is replaced by the magenta line if a route toward MG was loaded. And I confirm that the IRS were well aligned. The heading is right (It showed the right QFU of the departing runway) and the position too (showing the delta on my departure aifield on ND).

I can only see this happening (in the real world) if there is an error in the database regarding the location of MG.Radio updating of aircraft (MAP) position should be heavily biased towards GPS (which is usually actual position). This is probably overriding any influence of VOR/DME radio updating from MG.The L VOR pointer, on the other hand, is raw data.In PMDG, are the VOR/DME raw data radio signals using the same database as the FMC? CheersQ>

I think the easiest thing would be for someone else to test this on there system, unfortunately I wont be anywhere near my sim till Sunday.

This is a problem with the magnetic variation. In this part of the world, it's around 08° west. You can also see this when you are aligned on the runway in FS but the runway displayed on the ND is not straight ahead.You can fix this by repairing the registry to FSX or FS9. There is a tool on Flight1 website.

Guest Arnaud7517

Hi gentlemen!I would like to thank slfItt so much for his help. Now, the problem is fixed and I can navigate this beautifull bird again!Notice that after making a deeper research, I found that this kind of problem on fsx can be linked with 2 things:-The registration problem you told me-And a scenery installation that can generate the same issue on PMDG aircraftsAlso, if you're a vista user and you experience the same, don't forget to execute registry repair as an administrator otherwise it will not work: I was scared it was not working before I understood that!So nice to fly this bird again..cheers