Sign in to follow this  
flyboycjs

Trackir5 and aircraft CFG

I have just purchased Trackir5 Pro and must say it’s the best purchase yet (until the NGX comes out).:( Problem is when in VC view and thackir is on, the view is so close the front widescreen that it’s hard to see all the instruments. Even when I sit back a bit its still not showing the view I would normally get. How can I edit the aircraft CFG so the seat position moves back? With trackir running it easy to do with the key board but with it running im unable to do so.Any help is most appreciated.

When I fly using TrackIR I do the following...Once the flight is loaded, and I am in the VC view, i will hit the "-" (minus) key twice. That is the default key in FSX for "Zoom Out". If i zoom out to much you get that tunnel vision effect, and the default is... well what you said... too close. Big%20Grin.gif I believe that sets the zoom to 0.60, so if you didnt want to do this every time, im sure you can find the VC camera in the CFG file and add/change this value: InitialZoom = 0.60Others may have a different solution, but this works well for me!Mike

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

when i use track ir (seldom) and the flight was loaded I'll get as close as possible to the screen and hit reset Track ir, so my head is still in front of the screen and the cam view was reset to the original position, so when i lean back the view is great ;)

After messing with the 747 last night, my numbers were incorrect in my previous post...Hitting zoom out twice will bring you to .50 zoom... So the line "InitialZoom = 0.50" would be needed....I used to use the method that Alexander pointed out above.... However it became bothersome cause i usually end up resetting my TrackIR view every minute or so. But that method does work well!!!

<--------------->
Mike Murawski