Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

"I bought iFly 737 for FS9" thread

I just had this idea to start a "I bought iFly" thread. I'm curious how long it can get if every one who bought posts a quick "I did" and maybe an emotion to show how you like it. I DID. LOL.gif

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I DID!Haven't had time to do a test flight yet but from what I've read so far it's time to retire my beloved PMDG. :(

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Never been happy to say guilty as charged. Needs an ironing out but is very good in the present stateDinshaw.

Guilty. :( I would love to buy the F33 and Caravan for FS9 also but....oh well. :(
I did B) and I would love to see a Sperry 177 in my Tmouse B) :(

Guilty. :( I would love to buy the F33 and Caravan for FS9 also but....oh well. :(
Ed,How about AAL 738 livery? :(

Guilty: but this is slightly amusing to me... I keep seeing these posts and threads trying to counter what Carenado, PMDG and others have said about the FS9 sales numbers. Even as a FS9 lover we have to be cognizant of the fact that there are not these huge numbers of us left... Just look at this thread for example... When I started posting there were maybe 10-15 replies. There are usually about 4-5 users browsing the FS9 forums opposed to 20+ in the FSX forums and I wager a bet that the FS9 release is not going to be some blow out selling hundreds of copies like the FSX release. Ideally Steve at Flight1 should be able to tell us how the FS9 sales were but my guess is that they are pretty weak despite the group in these forums that are still massive FS9 lovers... (myself included)I love FS9, it is still my preferred sim but I am also extremely realistic about the fact we are the minority at this point. I would wager a guess we are the minority by a massive margin as well. I just wish we could be happy with what we have, be understanding of the situation we are in and respect the fact that we are a minority without a tremendous amount of buying power behind us and as such the PMDG, Carenado etc... assessments of the marketplace is spot on. My guess would be for every 1 unit sold in FS9 it is 20 in FSX and this is coming from an FS9'er who is being realistic about the situation and not "assuming" there are massive amounts of FS9 buyers out there, not from an FSX supporter. This is my honest assessment with emotion removed just looking at it from the outside and a realistic perspective... That is just my .02,-PPS... Just look at the iFly is released thread to give you a good idea... 39 posts, 20 different forum members but that's it... It isn't 2006 when you would see 5 pages of posts for a hot new release anymore, 39 posts, 20 users is pretty indicative of what I have been seeing over the past 12-14 months. Oh the times they are a changing whether we like it or not and personally I am a not but I accept the reality around me.

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Personally I gave up the idea of switching to FSX someday when I learned that MF is on the horizon. I simply don't see it cost-effective measure in many aspects. Therefore, I don't care about the sales' numbers FS9 vs FSX - I'm simply enjoying perhaps last 1-1.5 years of the great flight simulator for the history of the hobby (I mean FS2004). When MF will show up, it would be logical to switch into something fundamentally new. Off-top is over.

Well said Mr Polk...I too have noticed while looking in the FSX forums more and more people there than here.Sad but true as I still use FS9.