Sign in to follow this  
camaroz288

Blank panel instruments

My switchs positions are the same of yours.My flight default is 172 engine running & all avionics activate.I don't know what to try next :still blank

I think the better solution is that you post a capture of YOUR overhead panel with all switch in the right position.Maybe my tutorials are wrong.
Richard,edit : on the overhead you posted, the generator switches look like they are off. Can you confirm they are on?Now if you are interested in tutorials, there are several excellent NG tutorials on the net - including the MABILLE tutorials in French. I am sure it is still online somewhere. Bruno

The jean michel mabille tutorial is exactly the one that i followed from the beginning!My generators switch remove to central position afetr turned on. I expect we talk about the same switch.To ensure this, can you post me a capture with these switch enlighted.By the way the precedent overhead send by WhiteKnight77 is in the same config as mine.

OK,Since you haven't replied to other questions (other add-on installed, including other PMDG planes etc...), I assume you have a standard fs9.1 installation. Some add-ons from other manufacturers can screw things up (rarely but it does happen). Also, some time ago, you couldn't install the NG after PMDG's 747. I think PMDG fixed that later on, but if you have an old install, there might be a problem there (not really sure, just thinking out loud) But back to the NG, if the engines are ON when you load it, I would suggest you stop them (using the fuel shutoff switches below the throttles) in order to power up the plane correctly . Maybe you can even save this cold and dark configuration and try to play with it later on (as an alternative to loading the default Cessna first). One other thing : go to the PMDG menu and check if there are no failures programmed into the system. In the same menu, check all PMDG-specific settings having to do with displays.Just to be on the safe side, also go to the aircraft\failures menu in FS9 and reset all failures.Then there are 3 ways you can obtain electrical power for the displaysFor the firsts two, you don't even need to engines to be ON1- Park brake ON and ground power switch ON (with STANDBY POWER on AUTO) : this should be enough.2- Start APU, let APU stabilize and then turn on APU generators (on your screen, the APU is OFF), this should also be enough3- After engine start, turn ON, GEN 1 and GEN 2 (you should hear the relays)If none of the above works, assuming you have checked the other items mentionned in my previous posts, I would suggest (unless you hear otherwise from PMDG support or someone else on this forum) to COMPLETELY uninstall the NG (using the utility available on the PMDG site) and do a complete reinstall.BrunoPS : Did you try to let FS9 buid a new FS9.cfg file? It doesn't hurt to try...

Hi,First i want to thank you to help me try to solve my problem.I don't have any other PMDG products installed.Have already checked failures on pmdg and cleared all., also checked failures in FS9 menu.I didn't modify the FS9.CFG and let the pmdg install did his routine install defaults. I open my fs9.cfg and didn't saw PMDG entries.Maybe you could send me your fonctionnal fs9.cfg with pmdg entries enlighted for compare to mine.Have already tried to uninstall & reintall the pmdg 737, with admin rights.The tutorial i followed from the beginning is the jean-michel mabille tutorial procedures pmdg 737.Started from the cold & dark flight default delivered by PMDG.Follow all procedures but unable to start the engines , checking fire procedures impossible because of unfontionnal panel.The only way for me to have engines ON, is to start from 172 with all engine & instruments on , then choose the 737 PMDG.Have tried your 3 procedures:Light Ground power is present; my brakes are on, started the APU, & start generators, the switch generators return to central position after i press them, then unable to start engines, i hear the sound but they don't start.By the way, we couldn't check all the procedures from cold & dark here on this forum.I think the better way is to give me a website or adress where i can get your exhaustive procedures from cold & dark , with screenshots explanations if possible.Thank you.

Hi Richard,If you can't even get the displays to work with the battery on (in fact you don't even need ground power or the APU, unless the battery is discharged), something is wrong and I am not sure it is worth going further with procedures etc..I noticed from the screenshot you posted that you have the 600/700 only (which is fine). Make sure that you have dowloaded from the PMDG site only the updates that apply to the 600/700.Maybe you could list what you downloaded and installed ?Also make sure you download from their site the PMDG 737NG removal tool and use it to do a complete uninstall. Then check that the PMDG-related directories are really gone. Then do a complete re-install, after checking that you FS9.1 is "nominal" (ie no patch for running without cd, etc). I am not sure if this matters, but you want to eliminate as many potential causes for problems as possible.I am afraid I have no better ideas at this time (and the FS9.cfg file idea was probably not a good one).If you cut/paste a summary of all that you have tried and send it to pmdg support (or just a link to this post), I hope they'll be able to help you.Bon courage !Bruno

Hi,OK STOP!Have uninstalled ALL: PMDG 737 + FS2004Reinstall ALL...IT WORKS!Probably conflict with another addon.So stop search and thank you for try to help me.My regret is to not know what was the conflict.

Reinstalled FS9.1 and it worked? Wish we had deleted the fs9.cfg file to see if that would have fixed it first.

Dan Downs KCRP