Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

need help setting up two monitors

hi, i have setup to use two monitors for fs9 and the 737 i run fs9 in window mode but i am unable to drag the fmc or throttle over to my second display ive probably missed something in the setup, any help please.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

hi, i have setup to use two monitors for fs9 and the 737 i run fs9 in window mode but i am unable to drag the fmc or throttle over to my second display ive probably missed something in the setup, any help please.
Lets take the FMC as an example, have you brought up to 2D popup then right clicked and selected 'Undock'? You cannot move any of the panels until they are undockedRegards

Rob Prest

I think you just need to undock the panels then drag them

thanks guys i forgot to undock the fmc, looking forward to trying it all out tonight i think it will make a big difference, do you know if using two displays this way will have any performance hit.

thank you,Jim

If you only put 2D panels in the second monitor and not a alternate view, I don't think so

thanks guys i forgot to undock the fmc, looking forward to trying it all out tonight i think it will make a big difference, do you know if using two displays this way will have any performance hit.
jimimac- generally, popup sub panels don't affect FPS greatly with the exception of Overhead and COM panels- both of which I open only as necessary as they are performance killers. If you open a second VIEW, be prepared for a drop of about 30% in FPS, 50% if 3 views are open with triple monitors. If you adjust the outer view angle in Panel Cfg to compensate for bezel separation, the visual effect of FPS reduction is greatly minimimized. The attached pic shows PMDG 737/800 (approaching CYYJ terminal) with triple monitors and 3 views running quite nicely on my ancient AMD 1.8 GHz system. Note dual CDUs being open at different pages plus checklists- very handy.Alex Reid

thanks, up and running now, maybe get another monitor in the future and try the triple setup.

thank you,Jim

thanks, up and running now, maybe get another monitor in the future and try the triple setup.
The third monitor also needs another video card.Alex Reid