Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Doors won't open

Guest Calum438
I also have the same problem with opening the doors from the panel. I don't have TrackIR. I'll give your suggestion a try, but I still maintain that this has to be fixed.
I have the same problem. the doors wont open from the shift 4 panel

I tried again: this time no crash, the pilot door opens and close. But if I click any other item, it will open the pilot door. If I use the shift+number combinations, I can open all of them, and they are displayed open in the shift+4 window. I guess something's broken somewhere here.Cheers

We are following this issue.Could you guys confirm if you have SP2 installed?Which windows are you using?Carenado

Guest Calum438

I have FSX SP2 (not acceleration) and Windows Vista 64bit :(

We are following this issue.Could you guys confirm if you have SP2 installed?Which windows are you using?Carenado
FSX SP2 with Win7 64 bit.

--- Jim  ---

FSX SP2 with Win7 64 bit.
I too see this. I'm not sure how I missed it in beta testing, as I was more focused on the FDE.I'll email them and let them know :)

Guest Calum438

Thanks for letting them know

Using Win7x64 and FSX SP2. The main door opens but none of the other. I am using the doors panel. No matter whitch option I chose the pilot door opens, when selecting the passenger door or any other the pilot door closes.

SP2 and win7 64. This is the only window which actually makes troubles. Static elements, vc knobs, etc are fine, appear and disappear without a problem.Thank you

Is it an SP2 thing, maybe? I have Win7 64-bit with Acceleration, and the shift-4 panel works.

Is it an SP2 thing, maybe? I have Win7 64-bit with Acceleration, and the shift-4 panel works.
That's interesting Tom.I'm running Win7 64-bit with SP2 but no Acceleration.Carenado is taking care of this issue and I am interested to know if this is a SP2 thing. We'll know it soon.It would be the first time there is a difference between the two SP2.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Actually, many people have confirmed that the SP2 delivered with Acceleration and the standalone SP2 are different. Reggie Fields confirmed to at FS.com. The problem is that no one knows what the actual differences are - we just know that they are different. It is the main reason that I push for developers to use SP2 and Acceleration in their testing. I bet a lot of the strange problem we see with add ons are related to this.I think this is one of the biggest problems we have in the industry today - too many version of FS and too many operating systems. They way I see it, there are 24 possible OS/FSX combinations out there and developers should be testing on as many as possible. It is a shame developers should have to go through so much testing but I think it would better to have a large group of beta testers with different configurations than to try to fix these issue post-release. JMHO

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Despite what you have heard, and despite any number of people making incorrect statements and the agreeing with each other, there is NO difference between versions of SP2. The version in Acceleration is identical to the standalone version. The differences are in the Acceleration addon itself. New features were added to FSX in Acceleration. That has NOTHING to do with SP2. The problem arises when a developer uses an Acceleration feature in their product. It will not necessarily work with SP2. It requires Acceleration.To review: Acceleration includes SP2. SP2 does not include Acceleration. The difference is Acceleration, NOT SP2.Those are facts, I was there when it was done. Also, Phil Taylor has confirmed this on several occasions in forums and on his blog. (He was there too. in fact, he masterminded it.)You do not have all that FSX offers if you do not have Acceleration.

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

Despite what you have heard, and despite any number of people making incorrect statements and the agreeing with each other, there is NO difference between versions of SP2. The version in Acceleration is identical to the standalone version. The differences are in the Acceleration addon itself. New features were added to FSX in Acceleration. That has NOTHING to do with SP2. The problem arises when a developer uses an Acceleration feature in their product. It will not necessarily work with SP2. It requires Acceleration.To review: Acceleration includes SP2. SP2 does not include Acceleration. The difference is Acceleration, NOT SP2.Those are facts, I was there when it was done. Also, Phil Taylor has confirmed this on several occasions in forums and on his blog. (He was there too. in fact, he masterminded it.)You do not have all that FSX offers if you do not have Acceleration.
Can you please point me to the post where Phil said SP2 in Acceleration and Sp2 standalone were exactly the same? I trust the people that have told me that they are different and I would like to get the facts straight. All I know is there are a bunch of things that work with the standalone that don't work with Acceleration. Here is the main thread that I am basing my information on. I would like to see what Phil said and compare the two. http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=215303When Reggie made this claim, he was confirming something that I always though was true.Reggie's posts are on the last page. Thanks

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

In my case it is very inconsistent. The doors used to work; now whenever I open a door, whether through the tool or just by clicking on the pilot door handle itself, it opens but then instantly shuts of its own accord. I have Acceleration.