Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Small FSX problem - Zooming out Topdown

hi guys,small [i think] but very strange problem i been getting for a while now.basically when i zoom out of top down view, the globe turns white every quickly, and i cannot see anything..i have a variety of configs, ******* shader files, rex etcanyone have any idea what is causing this, and how to fix it?all the best

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

hi guys,small [i think] but very strange problem i been getting for a while now.basically when i zoom out of top down view, the globe turns white every quickly, and i cannot see anything..i have a variety of configs, ******* shader files, rex etcanyone have any idea what is causing this, and how to fix it?all the best
Its the ******* shader files that cause this. He has documented it somewhere as a known problem.

Stephen Munn

thanks for your replydo you imagine it effects FSX in any other way [perf or anything]?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

There is also an issue with black smoke showing through fog.Performance varies. ATI users get the most benefit. With Nvidia is depends. I use a TH2Go with 2 Nvidia cards in SLI and it certainly helped to smooth things out which is why I have kept the mod. The bufferpools/RejectThreshold tweak is the one that enhances the performance the most.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

when i zoom out of top down view, the globe turns white every quickly, and i cannot see anything.
aceridgey -The blue/white earth issueis not specific to any tweak,it's just a symptom of running out of resources.Try hitting PAUSE before switching to top-down view.If it still occurs -Try hitting ESC, wait a couple of secs, then hit ESC again,and FSX should reload the image_globe_##.bglsIf it still occurs -then your sliders are set way too high for your PC's currently available resources.HTHATBPaul

aceridgey -The blue/white earth issueis not specific to any tweak,it's just a symptom of running out of resources.Try hitting PAUSE before switching to top-down view.If it still occurs -Try hitting ESC, wait a couple of secs, then hit ESC again,and FSX should reload the image_globe_##.bglsIf it still occurs -then your sliders are set way too high for your PC's currently available resources.HTHATBPaul
Paul, on my configuration it was Bejote's Shader 3 that cause this as was mentioned above. As soon as I reverted back to the original shader files the problem is gone.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

<br />im not sure which version i got,<br /><br />how will we know of the progress fo v4?<br />
I would recommend the performance addition of *******'s shader 3 mod as it fixes a few bugs and is 100% shader 3.There are specific graphical problems with certain tweaks and although Paul makes some valid points; you are using the ******* shader mod and describe a well known problem with the mod when zooming out. If you click on the following thread and then search for "fog", you will see your problem described and why the problem occurs:http://forum.avsim.n...30-mod-for-fsx/This thread will also give you some tips on tweaking the water etc if you fancy experimenting.If you aren't sure which version of the mod you have, just search the file library for '******* altuve' and download and reinstall the Shader Model 3.0 for FSX v1.5 (Performance Edition) file.As regards progress of future developments, I would suggest watching the above thread and keeping on eye on the Avsim FSX forum.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn