Sign in to follow this  
psolk

What a BONEHEAD move

Just one of those stories I had to share to make everyone feel that little bit better about themselves!!!Sitting here 3 nights ago changing my setup from FS to my G25 wheel for a little racing. In the process I managed to knock my GoFlight Landing gear Trim module off the desk cracking the USB connector clean off the interface board. After a little playing around with the soldering gun I realized it was a lost cause. I immediately went and ordered a new one from one of the FS stores with overnight shipping for $199 and like a bonehead tossed the entire old unit in the trash in frustration WITHOUT taking the unit off the Mini Rack first... B) Well as soon as the box arrived my heart fell into my stomach and I realized exactly what I had done! I removed the new LGT II unit from the box and kicked myself in the arse as I realized I was about to go and order a brand new Mini-Rack! What a putz!!! :( So I go to said store and see the unit is now $149 a day after I got it! Murphy's law right... :( So I call the store, explain the situation and they to my complete surprise offer me a CREDIT for the difference. I was flabbergasted!So I ordered a new Mini-Rack with overnight shipping and should be back in business sometime today. A huge KUDOS to the store for doing right by me and a huge idiot of the year award to me for this whole episode start to finish.Hey, at least I can laugh about it right... :( -PPS, I won't post which store it was as they are a competitor and I want to respect Tom and the team...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Don't you worry, Paul! S..t happens!I have stumbled over my chair's leg and landed right on my CH yoke, breaking off one lever.Not to crash my yoke totally I made a 0.01 sec decision to aim my fall somewhere else, so I pushed my Laser Jet 1020 down on the floor.Just one of these days... :wacko:PS Did I say the falling printer ripped off a nice piece of paint from the fresh green wall?

I am sorry Rafal but reading about your day made me laugh out loud. It was like a good sitcom...Now OF COURSE I am laughing with you and not at you... Like you said S..t happens but how you deal with it is what makes all the difference!Cheers!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

talking about stores, does the avsim store ship to Canada?? I am looking for rudder pedals at the best price I can find, Any suggestions?Thnaks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

We've all been there...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2