Sign in to follow this  
Guest meirumeiru

FMS climb speed

Guest meirumeiru

after takeoff, the FMS tries to fly with a pretty low speed (and a high climb rate) ... now, if I want to change this speed... how can I do that? or is this even impossible? ... can I change the other speeds as well? so, e.g. the speed for 28° flaps and so on? ... sometimes, in very bad weather conditions, I'd like to fly a bit faster than normally, so that I'm not running into low speed conditions that oftenI didn't find it in the FMS manual... but... maybe I only overlooked it...

If you have set up the AFCS and FMS per preflight and use PROF for verticle navigation, she should accelerate for good forward speed as you retract flaps. The speed schedule is done automatically for you based on configuration. If you need more specific help post some screen shots to help us see what you are seeing.

Dan Downs KCRP

If your talking about during CLB thrust phase then cost index effects the FMS calcuated speed greatly.

after takeoff, the FMS tries to fly with a pretty low speed (and a high climb rate) ... now, if I want to change this speed... how can I do that? or is this even impossible? ... can I change the other speeds as well? so, e.g. the speed for 28° flaps and so on? ... sometimes, in very bad weather conditions, I'd like to fly a bit faster than normally, so that I'm not running into low speed conditions that oftenI didn't find it in the FMS manual... but... maybe I only overlooked it...
Hey Rudolf,I am not sure what you are asking. The commanded speeds are tied to the Flaps setting and can not be changed.To fly faster you need to exit FMS-managed mode and dial in the speed manually. However speed is limited with flaps deployed. When raising the flaps after take off you should wait for the airspeed to rise 5 to 10 knots above the indicated flap retraction speed. That way you should not encounter any low speed speed conditions.

Guest meirumeiru
The commanded speeds are tied to the Flaps setting and can not be changed.
That's what I wanted to know... thanks a lot.