Sign in to follow this  
out

Gibraltar X from Aerosoft

Just heads-up for those of you who are looking for something beautiful, different and specific.I always enjoyed flying to Gibraltar in FS9, using the old SimWings version. Now they made a completely new version, and it looks stunning. http://www.aerosoft.de/shop-rd/bilder/screenshots/fsx/gibraltarx/lxgb04.jpgI guess you know the uniqueness of the Gibraltar airport comes not only from its location and beautiful surroundings, but also the famous crossroads.http://www.aerosoft....tarx/lxgb11.jpgHere's the page of the product: http://en.shop.aeros...ht%20SimulationAnd some screens to enjoy: http://www.aerosoft....sx&p=gibraltarxI'm off now to make a flight to... you know where.PS It includes AESLite (for the famous car/bus traffic) and free AES support.

Thanks for telling us... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

From that product page:"Please note not all mentioned features above are included in the FS2004 version."So from your experience what is excluded. I suspect maybe the highway traffic and crossing signal/gate operation since some of that might only be available in FSX however I have some older scenery that does include that. The other statement that needs clarification relates to operation of the crossing gates/signals. It is first described as automatic but then mentions radio control. Can you describe that a bit better?The old Sim Wings version has three NDBs (one pair overlaid at the same location) and DME only high altitude VHF. Anything changed in modern days?

I have just installed the FS9 version, and it is a big improvement visually over the older Simwings version. The vehicle traffic is there and it is automatic, in that it can sense your aircraft approaching the runway, and the traffic will stop at the barriers. However, AI traffic is not automatically detected, so you need to use "radio control" by setting Nav2 frequency to 108.0 you can stop the traffic.I like it. :(

Graeme Butler

I have just installed the FS9 version, and it is a big improvement visually over the older Simwings version. The vehicle traffic is there and it is automatic, in that it can sense your aircraft approaching the runway, and the traffic will stop at the barriers. However, AI traffic is not automatically detected, so you need to use "radio control" by setting Nav2 frequency to 108.0 you can stop the traffic.I like it. :(
I have it too now and apart from the photo ground textures being less quality and slightly less autogen I can not see anything else that is really that different from the FSX version. Still has the traffic and the cablecars so for me the immersion is just the same. So basically Aerosoft is giving you another simulator free of charge. They are giving you the Gibraltar Airport Road Barrier simulator too as I am sure in RL there must be someone in the control tower who will activate and deactivate the barriers when a plane is arriving so now you can do it from your own chair lol..The FS9 download file is about 91 megabytes, much less than the 670 megabytes that you have to download for the FSX version.Another good job by Sim-wings.CheersCraig

The FS9 download file is about 91 megabytes, much less than the 670 megabytes that you have to download for the FSX version
Exactly! SImilarly with other dual platform releses, e.g.: Luxembourg (80MB vs 432MB) or Menorca (105MB vs almost 1GB).I realise FSX will offer more detail but as my FS9 details are stunning anyway, let me ask myself: would it be worth to build a few hundred GB virtual world in FSX, when quality FS9 sceneries are so good? Big%20Grin.gifOf course I am not going to start another FS9vsFSX thread, just a thought.