Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

Timer

I have been beta testing another addon, so I am finally getting ready to use FS2Crew for my J41 flights.I have a question regaring the Timer in the Config panel though.When will this Timer start to count down? Only when pressing PF?I think the FS2Crew ATR had a running timer at start up, but does FS2Crew J41 have a 'linear' procedure, so that you as the pilot are responsible for events to occur at the right time?

I have been beta testing another addon, so I am finally getting ready to use FS2Crew for my J41 flights.I have a question regaring the Timer in the Config panel though.When will this Timer start to count down? Only when pressing PF?I think the FS2Crew ATR had a running timer at start up, but does FS2Crew J41 have a 'linear' procedure, so that you as the pilot are responsible for events to occur at the right time?
Hi,The timer only starts when you press the "Run PF" button.Remember that, unlike the much older versions of FS2Crew, running the Pre-Flight (PF) events is "optional". If time is tight you might want to skip it.Events occurring at right time: Not totally sure I follow, but the J41 version is fairly flexible... just make sure you run the tutorial flight once or twice then it will be 2nd nature.Best,

Hi,The timer only starts when you press the "Run PF" button.Remember that, unlike the much older versions of FS2Crew, running the Pre-Flight (PF) events is "optional". If time is tight you might want to skip it.Events occurring at right time: Not totally sure I follow, but the J41 version is fairly flexible... just make sure you run the tutorial flight once or twice then it will be 2nd nature.Best,
If the timer only starts when pressing the PF button and this button is optional, then the timer is in fact optional?Meaning, if I do not press PF, I will not get a countdown?

If the timer only starts when pressing the PF button and this button is optional, then the timer is in fact optional?Meaning, if I do not press PF, I will not get a countdown?
If you don't press PF, you won't get a countdown timer.Running the Pre-Flight events is purely "Optional"... some people want to just jump right into things.You do not need to press PF to use FS2Crew (at least this version).Cheers,
And does FS2Crew work if RUN PF is not pressed ?
FS2Crew will still run if you do not press PF to start the Pre-Flight events.You can still do everything except for running the pre-flight events.Cheers,

If you don't press PF, you won't get a countdown timer.Running the Pre-Flight events is purely "Optional"... some people want to just jump right into things.You do not need to press PF to use FS2Crew (at least this version).Cheers,
Thanks Bryan, got it now. Looking forward to using FS2Crew in all my flights.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.Today, I ran the PF events, then for some reasons (answering phone), I wanted to pause the timer (at +18min). So I clicked again on the button "RUN PF", the little ON was not displayed. And the timer was frozen at +18min.When I came back, I clicked again the "RUN PF " button to unpause the timer for the last remaining 18 minutes, and the FO put the aircraft in Cold And Dark again, and ran again the PF events.

vpa055.png

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.Today, I ran the PF events, then for some reasons (answering phone), I wanted to pause the timer (at +18min). So I clicked again on the button "RUN PF", the little ON was not displayed. And the timer was frozen at +18min.When I came back, I clicked again the "RUN PF " button to unpause the timer for the last remaining 18 minutes, and the FO put the aircraft in Cold And Dark again, and ran again the PF events.
Thanks for the report. I'll check into that.Cheers,